Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Wes Craven's A New Nightmare

 















             
            And so, we conclude the seventh and final movie of the Freddy Kruger movie universe. Furthermore, is the seventh film that how I would say it kind of killed the Freddy Kruger binge in my personal opinion granted they're maybe some out there that may or may not have loved this movie but this film in my professional movie watching opinion was like well okay, but I'd rather watch the OTHER Freddy Kruger movie.
            Reality and fantasy meet in unsetting ways in this installment of the long-running horror series, which finds director Wes Craven and actors Heather Langenkamp and Robert Englund, all portraying themselves. As Heather considers making another film with Craven, her son, Dylan (Miko Hughes), falls under the spell of the iconic disfigured villain Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund). Eventually, Langenkamp must confront Freddy's demonic spirit to save the soul of Dylan.
            In a strange turn of events when a year ago I claim that out of the five Nightmare films I'd pointed out that the odds were better films than the even films mainly because they had better actors well, sort of better actors as well as a backstory to Freddy Kruger's past and especially his mother. Now the sixth installment was more entertaining than the seventh film and I never expected this to happen, especially when Wes Craven is trying to make Freddy Kruger back to is original form as a scary dude which in all seriousness is a bad idea. I mean sure the first film I would say is a much better film in my personal opinion because Freddy was supposed to be a mysterious character that roams around furthermore you don't have a fully developed Freddy which makes it interesting and also in a sense scary and yet I would still prefer the original Nightmare over Jackie Earl Haley's movie despite not even seeing it. Prior to the films pre-production yes Craven actually wanted to take Freddy serious instead of being a cartoon character but the problem with that is, audiences wanted to see the cartoon version of Freddy that's basically what made him entertaining as well as the only thing worth watching from the second film to the sixth film, and now watching this film with a serious Freddy loses it's flair and more importantly it's worth the watch and having spent four dollars and twenty-seven cents I do feel like this was a terrible idea in terms of renting a movie on my phone, though I'm expanding the horizons of Freddy Kruger so, I had to at least find out. The fact that they even try to keep Freddy in the shadows through the course of the movie kind of like Jaws and Alien also, loses its flair because we all know what Freddy looks like so, why are we keeping him in the shadows? Furthermore this film after watching Freddy's Dead loses it's comedic flair almost like your searching for a woman on craigs list and you see that this woman is extremely hot and you have a massive erection and then later you actually go on this date and it's either Joy Behar, or Whoopi Goldberg looking woman or a woman like the soccer player Megan Rapinoe whose a massive liberal and thinks woman are superior than men, then you realize your erection is deflating like a balloon that's basically what Wes Craven's A New Nightmare is basically. Now having watched A New Nightmare I would strongly suggest if you want to watch 80's horror movies that have comedic taste I would suggest watching Nightmare on Elm Street 1-6 and just forget the seventh movie even existed because right now I wished I never watched A New Nightmare and would say that Nightmares 2 and 4 are way better than A New Nightmare though that's not saying a whole lot to say though look either way I need to get this movie out of my head right now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment