So, now having watched the documentary about George A. Romero's Resident Evil. I decided to watch a George A. Romero movie that's NOT Night of the Living Dead. And quite frankly I haven't seen any of George A. Romero's work that's not Night of the Living Dead, for which in all fairness I wasn't all big but I'm pushing the age where I need to expand my horizons. Turns out the Crazies caught my eye, upon which Romero originally directed and created the Crazies for which I had no clue until now.
A Military plane crashes near a small town, infecting the water supply with a deadly virus that causes insanity then death. The army moves in to control the situation, only for the civilians to treat them as invaders and then infect them all.
I won't sugar coat it if you get past the overacting or confused eating an orange, this film is fantastic and shocking horror movie. I remembered another movie titled “The Crazies” sometime around 2010, and I wasn't all big into the horror movie genre because most of them were not great or just lame on so many levels, bottom line didn't have an interest in watching the REMAKE to the Crazies. With Romero's Crazies, this film has a ton of relevant as to today's world especially when we had the Pandemic, we were all forced to stay indoors as to having forced to wear masks all the f**king time and more importantly being two feet away from the other person, so, watching this film almost feels like re-living the pandemic again only no military declaring martial law. So, maybe George Romero was preparing us for the worst and we didn't listen so, now I'm declaring to find many George A. Romero movies for this entire month. Now this movie is not entirely scary but this is one of those films like Night of the Living Dead, Romero is one of those directors that again I respect a lot because when you’re making a horror movie especially making a lower budget but making it work in the best way possible and having did Night of the Living Dead, Romero decides to do the opposite and make psychopaths with an infection but also explores themes of sickness and military forcing in door laws and citizens fighting to survive the government and more importantly having great scenery with limited resources, so, in a strange way George Romero is like the Stanley Kubrick of horror although I can't back that entirely up, but just saying after Night of the Living Dead and the Crazies. The original Crazies is on Tubi for which, yet again Tubi is still the king of hidden gems so, if you’re looking for a shocking horror movie as well as directed by George A. Romero then I'd recommend spending an entire month watching George A. Romero movies until Halloween hits in 2026.

No comments:
Post a Comment