Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms

 












                        Well hey everybody, we have another sequel to the Mortal Kombat Legends series and surprisingly enough, was still an entertaining movie from start to finish. Moreover, you also get some great humor to come along with the movie also there's a bit of things that I liked what they did more than the live action Mortal Kombat film. Although I will say this I do in fact enjoy last year’s Mortal Kombat film but I do think it was great that they finally gave Liu Kang the spotlight on this film unlike the first film where it focuses on Scorpion which is fine with me but I truly think that whenever you start out with the story of Mortal Kombat, you should always focus on the Luke Skywalker of MK Universe. Anyway, I'm getting way out of hand when it comes to talking so let’s get right into the fight.
                          With Outworld trying to invade Earthrealm, Sho Kahn and Raiden proposes a final tournament that will seal the fate of Earthrealm. Scorpion on the other hand is on the run from the mad God Shinnock who’s trying to bring pieces of a special artifact that will resurrect the One Being that could bring death upon the world. With the fate of the world resting on the balance only Liu Kang and his allies can bring about peace and prosperity.
                          I do like all the new things they bring to the sequel moreover I think they kind of in a sense over crammed it, in terms of length and story. What I do love about it, is that both Raiden and Sho Kahn act like reasonable men, sure Kahn is without a doubt a tyrant and dictator but he does know when to bring fairness when it comes to war even if the mother f**ker is tough to kill, sorry just having some PTSD flashbacks of MK9 on the PS3. What I like about Raiden is that no matter how powerful he is he's still human inside of him even if he chooses to sacrifice his own. The other thing I like about the movie is Scorpion becomes more of the voice of reason when he interacts with the younger Sub-Zero, when it comes to fighting each other than accepting they must work together. I will say that they did crammed both storylines of the sequel games and not given enough length or timeframe of the movie and I still wish they at least improve Johnny Cage's character because the way I look at Cage I always think of him as the Bill Murray when it comes to comedic sense of humor. But in the end the movie does save itself with the best line in the whole movie where Sonya yells at Cage "Don't be such a baby, it's just a kick in the nuts", in which I need to applaud whoever wrote that line because that's one of the best one liners I've ever heard in the entire Mortal Kombat Universe. I honestly don't think that you need to watch the first movie, but I would recommend doing so just to get a full head up. All and all both cartoon films are excellent in their own way and I would highly recommend watching them if you’re a Mortal Komabt fan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment