Friday, October 8, 2021

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Replay Review

 










                                Do you ever have the feeling in life, we're you accomplished something, and it felt like you climbed Mount Everest. Well, replaying Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which includes the story missions and the entire side missions and the DLC. Well I am not going to lie when I say this that this was defiantly my climb to Mount Everest and now I officially don't want to revisit Renaissance Rome anymore, and that's a full fledge truth the next time I play AC Brotherhood is probably when I get old and grab this from the attic and play. Anyway, all jokes a side I have to say replaying this great game was much fun than the last time I played it, for many reason's the first time playing it I was more concerned about the story mode than I was with all of the side missions plus the exploring aspects of the game. And now doing everything that the game contains I now have a full fledge respect for the character of Ezio Auditore da Firenze. So, let's step right back into the Animus and travel back to Renaissance Rome.
                                Set after the events of the second AC game. Ezio having beaten Pope Alexander IV (Rodrigo Borgia), Ezio finally prepares to remove Templar rule, unfortunately Pope Alexander IV children, led by Cesare Borgia attacks Ezio's villa of Monteriggioni. Being saved by his own allies Ezio realizes he can't defeat his enemies alone; he needs to build an army. Ezio develops a new plan to break the heart of the Templar order, financially and to do whatever is necessary to recover the Apple of Eden so no one will ever know of its existence.
                                The huge difference I can say when I first played AC Brotherhood years ago to now is that I wasn't all big on the expanded world of gaming I was just more into the historic visuals and the storyline of Assassin's Creed universe especially when they killed off the most important character Lucy or Kristen Bell (who guides our protagonist Desmond Miles throughout the game), for which now when I look back on it, that was probably a sad thing for many reasons, this is the only time I see her acting via video game presents because in real life she's not all that great especially now that she's married to Dax Shepard. Anyway, all jokes a side, it’s crazy replaying the game now and just getting a grasp and feel of how they game designers and programmers can take something so simple and be able build a huge world. Even with using both software on the PS3 and X-BOX 360, were compared to today’s games where they look nothing compared to games now where it still looks very pixilated or more like a game out of the PS2 era. I don't care what anyone says, when it comes to playing games that's premise focuses solely on the medieval Europe or Renaissance Italy it's always fun no matter what because of the amount of weapons you can use to kill your enemies because as we all know a sword is always the coolest weapon to have but when you disarm someone whose carrying a axe or halberd it's always a blast doing these little things. This will defiantly be the last time I ever say this again but binging on the Showtime show The Borgia's I have to say really paid off when it came back to the two titles of Assassin's Creed, AC2 and Brotherhood because I began to understand the world in its conflict and most importantly the historical figures that have a part to play when it comes this storyline. Years ago, I never understood the impact Ezio had in terms of character wise mainly because I didn't understand why we were continuing his storyline when I figured the developers would like the first game introduce a new Assassin that we can follow in a new adventure and new world, now after finishing Brotherhood I truly why the character of Ezio is so loved by fans because he's a man who at a young age is so consumed by vengeance for all of the wrong that has happened to his family but then he began to see that the fight was never about vengeance but more of concealing knowledge from those would use that knowledge against humanity, furthermore believing with the fact that most people don't want to know the truth and to let humanity decided of how they want to go on with their lives, because as we all know when it comes to the Assassin's and their Creed fight for free will of humanity is the most important fight out there. So, I'm not going to lie going back into replaying Brotherhood was fun but it also had its moments where I didn't want to play anymore but that's the reason why I consider Brotherhood my Mount Everest of accomplishments so as of now I'm officially taking a break from anything Assassin's Creed for a while because that almost killed me when it came to spending way too much time in that whole world.               


No comments:

Post a Comment