Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight

 












                          Where during Halloween season, so I figured why not talk about a movie that's both a superhero film but also has a scary spin to it. Unfortunately, this is one of the first times ever when it comes to watching a movie moreover witnessing a twist that I wasn't a big fan of I yelled out "f**k you" to my own TV. Batman: Gotham by Gaslight is a unique and surprisingly great story of what would happen if Batman existed in the 19th century and fought Jack the Ripper, for which is based on the graphic novel and was kind of a turning point to the DC Universe where they can introduce alternate universes. While the graphic novel was in excellent read, all I can say about the film was, that its kind of like a navel destroyer whose about to destroy a submarine until the submarine launches its final torpedo and all of a sudden the destroyer fails to maneuver. 
                           Simplest stories as they come Batman is trying to discover the truth behind Jack the Ripper, with the help of Alfred and Selina Kyle. But in the world of Gotham you can never trust people, especially when they're the allies you trust the most.
                           Loved the Graphic Novel don't get me wrong, but their certain twists and turns that I can look at a movie and I just permanently hate for which destroys the entire film for me. And in all honestly the film itself wasn't all that bad to be truthful and there were moments where I liked and predicted, because again I've read the novels so I knew certain elements that were coming, but what I also liked was the fact that all three main Robins were in this movie (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake) for which I thought that was pretty cool because I always thought all three should be together with Batman but up until that point I didn't realize that story element but now I kind of wished they should incorporate that for future Batman stories. Now, what I don't like most about the movie was that and I'll try as best as I can not to spoil the movie for you, was the reveal of who was Jack the Ripper, and to me that was the point where I was almost close to saying f**k you out loud but I couldn't due to my neighbors next door but it was just one of those reveals that was like hell no I cannot support that because I would never in a million years believe that person would be Jack the Ripper and I was wanting to shut it off but I'm already in hour in fifteen minutes in so there's no going back, but that was just then I automatically hated the movie. So if you’re looking for a Halloween movie to watch in your own free time, you can go nuts in watching this animated movie but I must warn you this will make you hate it near the end of the story, even if you’re not a Batman fan.  
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment