Thursday, October 21, 2021

October Recommendation: Ready or Not

 












                                   I can't describe the excitement I'm having right now especially for a movie I was looking forward to recommending since close to a year ago. Since where now during Halloween season, it’s always traditional to recommend a Horror based film, specking of tradition. Ready or Not in a brilliant horror film about a richer than God type family who have very not so good qualities about them. Staring Hugo Weaving's niece Samara Weaving along with Adam Brody who I thought did a fantastic job in this as well as Andie McDowell. Now, I'm very picky when it comes to the horror film genre I really am, for many reasons that they're times I look at a scary film and I look to it as what would scare me the most nothing to over the top like Eli Roth does with his movie or any of the Conjuring films especially where they had the worst title ever "The Devil made me do it". So anyway, enough talk because I'm getting way ahead of myself here lets finally talk about this amazingly well-crafted horror film I'm recommending for the month of October. 
                                   Grace (Samara Weaving) couldn't be happier after she marries the man of her dreams at his family's luxurious estate. There's just one catch -- she must now hide from midnight until dawn while her in-laws hunt her down with guns, crossbows, and other weapons. As Grace desperately tries to survive the night, she soon finds a way to turn the tables on her not-so-loveable relatives.
                                  What I love so much about the movie is the fact that it’s something new and something different in the world of Horror, as I said many times before when it comes to Horror and suspense it really has to be a blend of both, no fancy thrills just some good and simple scares that can put the audience on the edge of their seats. Furthermore you really don't have to use so much gore like Eli Roth does in his movies and don't get me wrong there some WTF moments in the movie but there used in the best ways not just being disgusting all the time. But in all honestly if you ever want to make a scary movie you always must have a half and half of both suspense and horror to grab your audience’s attention. Re-watching the movie in order to prepare for the recommendation, I learned saw new things but that's what I love is that the more I would watch this great film, I learned something new moreover the more I get to talk about it and I haven't seen Psycho for quite a long time but I would probably pick up some little things I haven't seen in quite a while. What also makes this film amazing is that the whole film is set within a full landscape of the mansion, with the possibility of no escape and no way to out run the crazy family, for which brings the great concept of not being able to contact the outside world, especially when you have a crazy family on your tail, that's what makes it so amazing. Now this is in fact a scary film, but it also has some comedic moments in the film and will get to those in a bit especially with Adam Brody because he deserves some great praise for his performance in the movie. But right now I'm going to spend some time talking about Samara Weaving, this is probably the first time I've noticed her in terms of movies I've seen her in moreover I had no clue her Uncle was Agent Smit aka Hugo Weaving, but she does in outstanding job playing the heroine whose a bit clueless then becomes traumatized of what is happening but then becomes fearless at times and she does it in the best ways possible, and this is up to with roles like Ellen Ripley and Sidney Prescott, furthermore she does in all in a wedding dress throughout the entire movie. Adam Brody does in amazing job in this film for many reasons he plays a character that at first realizes what really his family is all about and yet is haunted by this at a young age but in conflicted at what to do in these moments of the movie and Brody does a great job at that, moreover I'm glad he's getting some good work because this is coming off a long road from starting off in The O.C. I'm not going to go in further detail on what makes this film amazing because I don't want to spoil this for all of you that haven't seen it, but if you’re looking for a different and new kind of Horror movie to watch this Halloween, I would highly recommend watching Ready or Not this is hands down one of the best and defiantly in my to five best horror movies of all time, despite the fact that this film was flown under the radar but defiantly needs to be seen because this was freshly new and different and had a great time watching this film and without a doubt one of my monthly Halloween movies to watch. And here's the sad thing, now that I've recommended this great film to watch on Halloween season, I don't know what other scary movie to recommend next year because there's nothing that can top Ready or Not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment