Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard


 











                       Do you ever get the feeling when you have a typical movie night but all of a sudden you movie night feels trashed all because of the movie, then you just feel so angry you don't know how to describe that anger? Well this was one of those movie nights we're I felt my night was ruined and I had to find a backup plan quickly, but well get to that later. Usually there are times when you look at a sequel to an awesome movie with two actors who provided great chemistry work, you'd think if they couldn't go wrong. Well, unfortunately there comes a time where you should just quit while your ahead when making a smash hit like The Hitman's Bodyguard. Though sadly, director Patrick Hughes really should of made the decision to quite while you’re still ahead because really when you try so hard to make a sequel better than the first you always know you’re going to fail. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson return for the sequel with Salma Hayek along for the ride. Regrettably there's a famous saying "Two's a company, Three's a crowd" that's best going to describe why this isn't as amazing as the original.
                       The World’s most lethal couple--bodyguard Michael Bryce (Ryan Reynolds) and hit man Darius Kincaid (Samuel L. Jackson)--are back for another life threatening mission Still unlicensed (which is weird because I assumed he was going to be licensed after the first movie ended) and under scrutiny, Bryce is forced into action by Darius's even more volatile wife (Salma Hayek). Soon, all three are in over their heads when a madman's sinister plot threatens to leave Europe into chaos.
                       This movie is a clear definition of sequels never being as good as the original was. And the sad thing was, that I actually thought this was going to be good and then I watch the movie and I'm just thinking to myself "I can't believe, I'm still watching this" It wasn't the fact that yes Sam Jackson can save a film as always but there really wasn't enough of Sam Jackson and I wanted more of Sam Jackson making fun of Ryan Reynolds because that's what made the original film great. But no we have to split the difference with both Sam and Salma Hayek, which deep down is really not as fun, furthermore the jokes aren't even funny as well especially when you have a character like Frank Grillo whose supposed to be this Boston agent in Interpol and makes trash talk with a Scottish female agent, in which I would apply to Grillo "don't quite your day job". The one plot hole which doesn't make sense to me is that Reynolds character is still unemployed for which I would think he was employed and yet was haunted by Kincaid but yet he's still unemployed and what happened to his girlfriend from the first movie? Moreover why would I ever want to feel sorry for Reynolds character when the movie is telling me to feel sorry for this guy, since were giving a little side origin story about him, which is why I'm going to say this a million times when it comes to this movie never cut screen time with Samuel L. Jackson, you should always give that man a hundred percent of the screen time no matter how bad you movie is. Even Morgan Freeman doesn't save this movie, in which if I was making this movie I would have him at least explain the whole movie, but Freeman is another clear example of how lazy a movie can be especially when Freeman is playing Reynolds Dad furthermore are making the usual joke of a character that is white who just so happens to have a Dad that's black, because the movie is trying to desperately explain that we've never seen that before, especially when the punch line of the joke says the son is adopted. Now I hopefully explained how bad this movie was and hope that I saved you into not wanting to watch this movie. But yet this was a movie that still angers me in thinking about but luckily, I found another movie to watch that took a little bit of the steam out of me, but that conversation will have to continue for another time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment