Friday, April 30, 2021

Nobody

 












                         There will be times when I will find a movie that hides from me in plain sight furthermore won't find, then there will be that moment when I do get the chance to watch that hidden gem moreover express my gratitude. And I must say that this is one of those films that I have to express in say how amazing of a film it was from start to finish. Ilya Naishuller a Russian born filmmaker whose most notably known for his past work in directing music videos in which has a first person experience for which lead to him directing a unique and stylized action film, Hardcore Henry for which I though he was out of the film business after his first film didn't do so well in a wide audience, for which I still to this day don't understand, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, I was glad to see that his work on Hardcore Henry got him more work for his action style of play with his latest film Nobody, staring Bob Odenkirk as a family man you'd never expect to pick a fight with but has a mysterious background. Also, Christopher Lloyd is finally back in something great for once. So, let’s talk about Nobody.
                        Hutch Mansell (Bob Odenkirk) is an everyday family man with a wife (Connie Nielson) wo has never been intimate with Hutch for quite a while and a son who has little respect for him, though the only exception of his daughter showing affection for him. But everything soon begins to change when a scared burglar tried to break into his house for which he lets go but has a new grasp of anger he wants to unleash. Unfortunately, he picks a fight with a wrong group of people, though once it gets out, Hutch must defend himself and his own family from a Russian gangster who takes personally.
                         Hands down, this is without a doubt one of the best realistic action movies I've seen in quite a while, I love the fact that we have a combination of Naishuller's directing style and written by Derek Kolstad who has created the John Wick franchise and together created a different type of hero that's more realistic and more terrifying than you can ever imagine. And I personally love the idea of a action movie tone to more realistic purposes and the hero Hutch is more of a flawed type of character than John Wick or Jason Borne but also delivers in the humor and action along with blood and gore we've come to know and love. I've never really followed much when it came to Bob Odenkirk's career aside from his most notable work in the Breaking Bad series furthermore his spinoff Better call Saul, but I have to give this man so much props for many reasons he does such a great job playing a man whose not a perfect fighting machine but is a skilled fighter but uses his brain more when it comes to strategy. But also, he plays a man that we all can relate to in some way because we all have that side of ourselves that we want to unleash but we're afraid to do that mainly because of the risks that come along with that, though Bob's character isn't scared to break a few bones but is excellent of knowing when the time comes for his family's safety, so like I said earlier his characters Hutch is an excellent strategist, when it comes to one on one combat and figuring out a way to outsmart his opponents. I love the fact that they we're able to cast Christopher Lloyd in this movie, I mean the man has been long gone since Angles in the Outfield moreover finally comes back in an action movie like this, for which to me I don't know whose idea was it to cast him but I would most certainly love to shake that man's hand when I get the chance in the foreseeable future. Okay so, I don't want to give a lot away from this movie because this was a great action movie to start 2021, but I am glad to see Ilya Naishuller getting more work in terms of directing wise furthermore huge props to writer Derek Kilstad along with Bob Odenkirk's performance and Christopher Lloyd as well. So, if you loved the John Wick movies and the Bourne movies without Bourne Legacy and Jason Bourne than Nobody is a film for you. Most importantly don't be afraid to try something new especially a movie like this, although don't do anything I would do like watching a horrible human being like Scarlet O'Hara who wines and complains about four God forsaking hours.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment