Saturday, April 24, 2021

Baseball Recommendation: Chasing 3000

 









                  
                You know what makes summer the best time of the year, it’s very simple Baseball season that's right that my friends is the only reason to celebrate the summer time a side that we're still in the midst of spring, but you get the idea. And since the American Government did a horrible thing by not doing their jobs moreover not taking care of Covid-19 last year. We finally have a 162-game season to look forward too. Now, in terms of trying to find a good Baseball film to watch well, really there's a whole lot of them to choose from. But when it comes to finding a baseball film that no one has ever seen well that's a whole different ball game to cross. Well, luckily, I just happened to stumble across a movie that has all the right elements to a baseball film, two brothers going on a cross-country journey to see their childhood idol Roberto Clemente reach 3000. The film I'm referring to is Chasing 3000, staring Trevor Morgan, Rory Culkin and Ray Liotta. And trust me when I say this, that this worth seeing, though some of you may or may not of seen my blog and probably seen that I've mentioned this movie before but I'm only in a sense recommending this just because I doubt no one has ever seen this moreover MLB Network hardly ever airs good baseball films so deep down I feel that its my job to show this film to the world. Furthermore after watching this film the second time this movie also hit home with me specially since me and my brother have a favorite ballplayer we share for which he also hit number 3,000 but will get to that later in the meantime let’s talk about Chasing 3000.
              During the midst of the 1972 season Pirates superstar Roberto Clemente is reaching the goal of 3000 hits. Mickey (Trevor Morgan) and his brother Roger (Rory Culkin) both Pirates fans and loved Clemente as a player, even though there living in LA for reasons concerning Roger's health. Not feeling at home in the city of Angles, both brothers decide to go on a three-day road trip back to Pittsburgh to watch Clemente get his 3000 hits. On this journey both kids meet interesting characters moreover find the true nature of brotherly love on the way back to their childhood hero.
              I must say while re-watching this great movie I did pick up things I didn't recognized at first, but those are minor gimmicks moreover this is actually a independent film so I honestly feel that's okay for me, especially when some of Mickey's baseball scenes I feel like they’re using plastic helmets they use to make nachos at baseball game but really this was an independent film so really, budgetary setbacks I guess. Anyway, fun fact Ray Liotta was actually the first actor to be presented with the script with the assumption that this film was going to get a straight to DVD release but with Ray Liotta loving the script a lot of actors came forth then the filmmakers had a change of heart furthermore pushed it for a theatrical release, then the rest became history, until it was discovered by me of all people. Now I do remember writing a review about this great film but I kind of in a sense wanted to include more of my two sense with this film moreover want to push this to all movie lovers who also love the game of baseball and show that there's more of a choice besides Major League and Field of Dreams. I have to admit, watching this film for the second time it really hit home with me when it came to brotherly love and how far each of the brothers will do for one another especially when it comes to having an adventure of a life time. Also, me and my brother actually shared a favorite player of our childhood, the ever great Albert Pujols and we both shared the moment together while watching Pujols hit his 3,000 hit and yes the man played with the Angles but I have to admit while watching that moment my resentment of him pretty much fade away, moreover I also got to see him come back to St. Louis and everyone rose from their seats and applauded him whenever he came up to bat, especially when he hit a home run at Busch Stadium and that was for me the greatest thing I've ever seen in all of the years of watching him play on TV, though sure I witnessed him hit 3000 on TV but really that's really all that matter when it came to watching it with my own brother and sure it would be nice to have that kind of adventure but all that matters is sharing that moment with a member of your own family and to be truthful while watching this movie it really hit home when it comes to caring for the characters like Mickey and Roger. The story itself is still amazing moreover the idea of we relate to each of the brothers are feeling especially when starting over in a new world and it’s not fun especially when having to go through treatments and meeting new friends, but in the end these two brothers find the will to make their own adventure epic but filled with a lot of heart. Also I loved the fact that whenever they encounter someone the whole aspect of Baseball comes up in the conversation to each of the strangers they encounter, which shows that no matter how much pain there is in the world the game of baseball always brings a smile and joy into everyone's faces. Both Trevor Morgan and Rory Culkin do great job with the brotherly chemistry they provide through the entire story and yes, I've seen this film twice but I still was on the edge of my seat through until the very end of the movie. So look, I really don't want to say so much of how I love the film because I don't want to give so much of the story away but if you have a brother or anyone in your family loves baseball like you do then I would give them a hug and take the time to watch Chasing 3000 and trust me when I say it you love every minute of it.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment