Saturday, April 10, 2021

The Kid Detective

 















                         There comes a time when you find a film that you almost in a sense relate. Well, unfortunately the Kid Detective was one of those films that I strangely enough relate to the protagonist to the film. Moreover this is one of the first to second films, where Adam Brody strikes gold, a side from the fact that he got his big break from a terrible show like the O.C. for starters, although I honestly can't complain there, for many reasons if there's anything I learned when it comes to Hollywood and the media business you got to take what you get if you want to make a name for yourself. So, hopefully this is the last review for March if I can try to print this out before I get super pumped for baseball season, so without further ado let’s talk about the Kid Detective.
                         Abe Applebaum (Adam Brody) always thought he was on step of everybody when it comes to being a private investigator, but after his friend has been kidnapped with no trace of evidence he becomes forever traumatized by the event. For which leads him to years of depression of keeping his business moreover failing to grow up. However, when a girl comes to his office, in asking to help her find the person who murdered her boyfriend, he begins to have in act of confidence in wanting to solve this case. On the other hand, is Abe truly up for this challenge? Or will he have the courage enough to find the truth he wishes not to find.
                         Now, I know good and well that this may not be anyone's cup of tea, but deep down the real reason why I dig this movie a lot was for the reason that I actually relate to the protagonist, interpretation he's a grown man who doesn't want to grow up for which I am one of those people, even though I'm pretty confident that I've never been traumatized by any disturbing event so, that's a plus at least. Moreover that's why I liked Adam Brody's performance and his performance alone is pretty much what sold this movie for me mainly because of his sense of humor and he's proven that greatly in another film I like, but I'm kind of saving that for latter, though the other reason as to why I liked his performance aside from the sense of humor was that he's a human protagonist meaning he does a great job showing all of his emotions throughout the entire movie especially at the end of the film where it just hits you like a baseball to the rib cage. Which leads to the director of the film Evan Morgan, now I really have never heard of Evan Morgan so it obviously makes sense that this is his first film and I must say that he does an excellent job with his first film, moreover you do have to make a big score when it comes to making into the film business, first off I don't want to spoil a whole lot of details for many reasons this was an excellent film and I want you all to have the same reaction I have while watching the film. But I personally believed Morgan did a fantastic job blending both film noir when it comes to making a crime murder mystery and adding a sad pathetic protagonist, furthermore he does a fantastic job in adding twists and turns, that even I wasn't expecting at all and at the end of the film I was just in so much shock that I had no comment and this is where I go back early and complement on how great of a film noir story Morgan has created because this felt like a crime mystery from the forties and fifties. So, in conclusive this was a great movie that came out of nowhere for me and I highly recommend watching this on Amazon Prime, and don't worry I will continue to be recommending movies into this spring and summer but right now I'm getting my Baseball fix so, till then I'll see you all at the movies.
   
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment