Sunday, April 25, 2021

Godzilla vs. Kong

 












                          A side from Mortal Kombat, I saw in the theaters this week. The first movie I actually saw in the theaters this whole year was shamefully Godzilla vs. Kong, in which makes more sense if the movie was titled Kong vs. Godzilla but ah well, can't win them all, I guess. Originally Mortal Kombat was going to be first movie I was going to see in the theaters unfortunately it got pushed back another week so Godzilla vs Kong was the no choice option, plus I had my brother and some of his kids so again, no option. To be truthfully honest, I did open my mind in hopes that this would be intriguing but in all honesty it was really hard to watch a movie like this when all of the human characters are hard to take serious and the only thing that's great about the movie was the fights and only the fights, just kind of like the Transformers films when you think about it, also I did see one of the male human characters dress up like McGruber for no particular reason. And, sure you’re going to obviously go and see this film no matter what because there's nothing better to do but I'll at least give you my two sense on the matter.
                        Look the main synopsis of the film is that Godzilla is sensing a great disturbance in the force and believes that multi-billion-dollar corporation is trying to turn against him. While, Kong wants to be freed and left alone unfortunately these two Titans have comes to blows in each other’s path, but they soon realize the enemy of my enemy is my friend, though the question remains when will they just hug it out?
                         Now, I'll admit that I've never seen some of the old school Godzilla movies and original King Kong because god forbid, I lived a sheltered life. But with all due respect I sure as hell not comparing this film with those, so let’s just keep it that way. Okay, back to main topic after seeing the film and trying to think it over part of me wants to like this film but the other part of me can't take the human characters in the story serious for mainly reasons we need to at least relate to these characters in some way, furthermore if you want a good example I'll be gladly to throw in Alien vs. Predator for many reasons that film has a better story line than this one, though sure it has flaws just like Godzilla vs. Kong but that film alone has a much better storyline than Godzilla vs. Kong, moreover I could also relate to the characters more can take serious the storyline Alien vs. Predator supply's. Godzilla vs. Kong all the human characters are just nothing, but cardboard cut outs and the storyline seems just way to predicable in every turn. The fact that Coach Taylor was in this movie aka Kyle Chandler doesn't do anything throughout this film, but to be truthful I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from him. I know that they were simply making this as a direct sequel to the past films like Kong: Skull Island but in all truthfulness I really didn't need the past Godzilla movie in order to enjoy this because a side from the cardboard characters the only thing that was good about the movie was just the action sequences and that was it moreover I'm one step closer to comparing this film to the transformers films so your welcome. So, look deep down I'm sure you'll probably love this film no matter what, but if you want my honest opinion I think you can do better and watch something much better like of course Alien vs. Predator, in which now after talking about this movie I now want to go pop that movie in my Blu-Ray player and enjoy that movie, hell I'll even throw in Pacific Rim as well so you maybe I'll have myself a double feature movie night now with those famous smackdown movies tonight. 
    




No comments:

Post a Comment