Sunday, April 11, 2021

Wet Hot American Summer


 









                             Random movie night never seen this odd but terrible movie so I figured well why not it can't be that worst right? Well, it actually was and full disclosure I actually didn't watch all of the cult classic Wet Hot American Summer, furthermore this wasn't the only movie that I stopped half way, give a great example I stepped out of the left twenty minutes in to A Million ways to die in the West and this was at a movie theater. Then, there were a couple of movies that were on Netflix although I can't remember them because I don't want to and its super hard. So morale of the story is that when it comes to movies like this I think if your trying to watch something new or different but is not entertained by the next twenty minutes or forty five minutes tops, then its best to shut it off and move on to something else. So anyway, let's talk about a terrible movie.
                            Basically set on the last day of Summer camp everyone is trying to make the kids happy for the last day while all of the counselors try and pull off the best summer camp of their lives without getting backfired my major events.
                            I actually have seen this on basic cable when they aired their on demand previews and that was it but in my honest opinion when I finally watched the film I was thinking hmm, this maybe not bad but I'm not quite sure what this was going furthermore I felt like they were making some kind of spoof or not but I wasn't quite sure. But thanks to the internet I found some information that made a lot of sense according to the writer and director of the film David Wain, the film was based on his time at a Jewish camp in Maine, but then he also explained in his own words that he also parodied/paid homage to movies about summer camps like Meatballs, Sleepaway Camp and Indian Summer. In which, fine I get the idea but why not just base the film on your experience in camp rather than using references from past comedy greats. Moreover, if your trying to make your second big movie it's probably best that you make it simple and not add so much complications and mixed up nonsense. Moreover this film has two SNL Alum out of Molly Shannon and Amy Poehler in this film and yet I'd think they would at least show some of their comedic talents but when reality comes in you begin to realize how much SNL Alum's from late 80's to pre 2000's don't really do well when it comes to movies, for which explains they should stick to staying on Saturday Night Live just like Kenan Thompson. I'm officially giving Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper in out of jail free card mainly because this was both their debut into acting mainly Cooper's first role Rudd had only a few under his belt but really deep down it's not because there part of the MCU universe but the main reason is that it's there first acting role and you have to get whatever you can to start off your career and that's the one thing you have to follow if you want to survive in Hollywood. So, look in closing I'm sure that there a few people out there that love this film that's why its consider a cult classic, but this film was horrible and I couldn't take it so yes I'm saying to stay away from this crappy movie but also to say if your turned off a film moreover didn't finish the film with the notion of not returning to that movie, it's perfectly normal because let’s be honest we all have our personal breaking points, except for me because I'm taking a break from the big movies coming out and my patience has snapped so look before I talk to much just keep in mind that you have to feel guilty in shutting off a movie that you don't find entertaining. 


No comments:

Post a Comment