Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Wonder Woman 1984

 






                           
                          Well ladies and gentlemen I finally had the privilege to watch Wonder Woman 1984. Staring Gal Gadot in the title role with Chris Pine as her love interest. And some newcomers like, Kristen Wiig as Cheetah whom surprisingly did a good job though that's does feel weird to say despite the fact that she honestly not funny. And finally the Mandalorian himself Pedro Pascal, or as we all can say "This is the Way". Now I'll admit, watching a lot of the trailers to the film I was a bit on the weary side to it mainly because Chris Pine's return because the last I saw him he was doing a bid of suicide bombing and yet for some reason, he came back all of a sudden though thankfully director Patty Jenkins, whom also directed the last film explained how he return. But that wasn't the only question really there were a ton of questions, but Pine's return that was the biggest question. Now I do love the first Wonder Woman furthermore Gal Gadot will always be my Wonder Woman just like Christian Bale will always be my Batman. Now this film alone is a good movie, but really wasn't as great as the first movie because there were a lot of flaws through out this movie, and luckily we get to talk about those flaws in my review of Wonder Woman 1984. 
                           Set in 1984, Diana aka Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) still maintaining in keeping the piece but wishes to have the love of her life back. Although Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) mysteriously returns into her life, something strange happens when a strange stone emerges and grants the wishes of both Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal) and Barbara Minerva (Kristen Wiig). But Diana comes to realize that the magical stone grants the wishes but they come at a price. Now Diana must race against time to save the world from falling into chaos but is she willing to give up everything to save the entire earth from the end of all humanity. 
                            Okay now this film with out a doubt is a good movie, not as great as the first movie but it's a good movie moreover I apologize if I'm repeating myself here but I just wanted to put that out in case the dumb people call me out in saying I hated this film which I know most dumb people would do. Now that being said this film is a good movie, but there's a lot of flaws in the movie that needs to be addressed, for example it takes a long time for the movie itself to be compelling in the best way possible for many reason's the first act and beginning of the second as is some what hard to watch because really the whole trend of the eighties and Kristen Wiig's performance then the way of how Chris Pine was introduced was just to much to handle moreover I almost felt like going to the bathroom or getting a sandwich and waiting for that to pass the time but once we get to like the ending of the second and third act than things get to the compelling side of OMG. Personally, I don't think it was necessary to have this flashback at the beginning of the film where she's learning a valuable lesson from Robin Wright and Connie Nielson for which she's obviously doesn't in a sense have anything to do with the story itself, though I could be over thinking this so that's just my opinion. Kristen Wiig I sort of hate and love her performance because like the structure of the film itself its very slow but then very compelling at the middle till end, and her performance at the beginning of the film I feel like she's playing the same comedic character as always in which is annoying and I honestly felt like those guys at the beginning of her scene just wanting to leave and get out of there, but then through the midst of the second act she actually becomes a different person and is really amazing to see on screen, and like I said before its really weird to give her a complement like this because in a lot of movies she's staring in I honestly have no interest in seeing but being able to see her do an amazing job of playing the villain in the movie I got to say she actually did a great job but that was like in the midst of the second act and final act. I have no notes in Gal Gadot's performance because as always she does an amazing job as Wonder Woman so I'll just leave it at that. Oh, I almost forgot the to much of eighties trend I thought was way to much mainly because lets face it the eighties weren't as amazing in terms of clothing wise and yeah I going to have to say the clothing, just kind of like the nineties really but hey I still wouldn't mind seeing Kristen Wiig in that black dress again. Oh son of a vondruck, I forgot how Patty Jenkins did a great job in bringing the invisible jet to life (and I apologize for the spoilers), now in my years of witnessing Wonder Woman through cartoons is that you can see her from the outside and I just thought the invisible jet was pointless to have, and being able to see it the way Jenkins portrait it, I have to give her major bonus points because its even better than I have imagined it.  All said and done this film was a good film, not as great as the first one although a good example would be almost like Batman Returns where the film itself was good but not as great as the first film, and yes it does have some flaws but deep down I thought I was enjoyable to watch and at least worth seeing on HBO Max, moreover if you want to take your young daughters to see the film in theaters I would defiantly say its worth seeing in both the theaters and on HBO Max.     

No comments:

Post a Comment