Tuesday, December 8, 2020

December Recommendation: Remember the Night

 









                              With this screwed up miserable of a year almost ending. I am officially going to FIX the CHRISTMAS MOVIE GENRE. Starting with recommending Christmas film that no one has heard of, yeah that's right I said it this is going to be the year where we as a normal society are throwing away movies like Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and finally the horribleness that is A Christmas Story, OH I almost forgot the Jim Carrey's The Grinch that stole Christmas, moreover were going to except that Die Hard is a Christmas movie but that's in article we're going to discuss later. So, get use to these minor changes because my Blog is not about democracy it's dictatorship and I AM THE LAW. Alrighty then, now that we got that minor gripe out of the way let's talk about my December Recommendation, Remember the Night and this film alone helped me get huge deep breath on life, moreover no matter how awful and how screwed up our lives are, especially with a year like this one, I think we should all feel better when someone is showing kindness, especially us as well. Also, with a great message about being kind to one another, the film alone provides a great chick flix storyline for which everyone should enjoy, believe me I was sold on this amazing storyline because of the great chemistry throughout the third act. Anyway, I'm already getting to much into detail so let's talk about this great Christmas film no one has ever had the thought in wanting to watch.
                              Assistant DA Jack Sargeant (Fred MacMurray) is assigned to work on a case about a shoplifter Lee Leander (Barbara Stanwyck) who stole valuable jewelry. While wanting to spend Christmas Sargeant convinces the Judge to cancel the trial till Christmas is over. Although this backfires on him when he overhears that Leander must spend her Christmas in Jail, feeling guilty Sargeant pays for the bail so she doesn't have to stay in Jail, but this begins to backfire when the Bailsmen leaves Leander with Sargeant. With no other option Sargeant decides to take Lee on a long trip back to Indiana to spend Christmas with his folks. Though minor stumps along the way, the two get to know each other well, moreover respect one another. But when Holidays are over the two begin a romantic bond that they begin to question while heading back to New York, that's when they begin to decide what happens in the court room.
                              Now I've honestly said this a thousand time, I do enjoy myself a chick flix movie it’s just a matter of finding one that's not annoying as any of Nicholas Sparks works or any film, you'd find on the Hallmark Channel. And this film, granted I've never seen before furthermore was looking to recommend this December/Holiday season I figured well I have not a whole lot to go on so why not. And I can honestly say that this has officially became my new favorite Christmas movie. Though I was going through a rough day moreover was in a grudge like mood, and this film really gave a huge deep breath and calmed me down, furthermore realized that yes we all have one of those moments where we feel that we're never going to have a nice Christmas or Holiday season moreover predict that its always going to be a miserable time, but deep down we're not the only ones who have problems and really, you can't just judge a book by its cover. And yet when you come to think about it this film really is a true definition of not judging a book by its cover. What makes the film great is that you get to know Stanwyck and MacMurray's character's very well and you get to see who each of them grown and had to survive in harsh environments, and this film really shows that as well, I'm even more impressed with Barbara Stanwyck's performance, for many reasons through the first act we begin to see that she wasn't given a whole lot of love through her childhood and once she meet's Sargeant she begins to be impressed with his kindness than begins to feel blessed when she's shown even more kindness from Sargeants family, than begins to have a change of heart through the midst of the second and third act of the movie. A lot of people fail when it comes to chick flix stories and I think the biggest problem to that is way too much drama and the chemistry between the man and the woman, and both Stanwyck and MacMurray really deliver in the best of their abilities, and sure I loved the fact that MacMurray show's great kindness to Stanwyck's character but I was even rooting more, hoping these two would get together in the end moreover that's what I love about this film is that it lets me get to know the man and woman than gives me plenty of time to decide if these two are right for each other or not. And really, this film alone is great for the Holiday's but also should be a movie lesson to all writers and directors when it comes to making a good love story. So listen if you’re feeling annoyed about the same Christmas movie or even the music for which God forbid we all are. Than I would highly recommend checking this movie out, it really lifts the Christmas spirit moreover it's probably up there in the top five love stories in Cinema. So, in closing I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays. 
        
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment