Friday, December 18, 2020

Freaky


 








     
                     As much of a tremendously bad year this was, I have found my worst movie of the year, though sure this was an intriguing concept I have to say that this was without a doubt three strikes your out type film. Now we've all have seen scary slasher films we know the cliché's like never have sex, don't say you'll be right back because you'll never be back, or no booze or doing drugs. But this film has one to many horror clichés you've pretty much seen them all and personally, as a fan of certain horror films this was just really on the boring side to absolute terrible writing. And yes, I know that Vince Vaughn is in it, but to be honest I've never really was a big fan of his although I though he was entertaining in the film Hacksaw Ridge but that was it. Now ordinarily I would tell you all that you should just stay away from this movie completely and that would be the end of the conversation, but for the good of humanity I think it's best I tell you why you shouldn't pay nor rent this film because let's be honest here there's a lot of dumb people out there and as we all know dumb people do really dumb thinks just as the Adam Sandler or the every idiot who runs the U.S. Government.
                      Bullied High School student, Millie (Kathryn Newton) is attacked by an urban legend, known as the Blissfield Butcher (Vince Vaughn), although the Butcher failed to kill Millie, they both wake up now possessed in the other's bodies. Millie now possessed in the Butcher's body must seek help from her friends while learning about what happened. She comes to learn that the knife she was stabbed with was an ancient ceremonial knife and if not switched back to the right body by midnight they stay in the same body forever.
                      Now I try my best in naming some of the many reason's as to why I consider this one of the worst movies of 2020. As obvious when you've seen a lot of horror films, know all the clichés by heart furthermore know what's going to happen once the scene starts because well, I'm old enough to know that I can probably predict the future when it comes to films. Then you begin to realize that you've seen all these films moreover there's really nothing anything new about them. And to be honest it gets annoying when you watch a film like Freaky and see that the protagonist is bullied a lot and yet something like this happens to her (like switching to another man's body). I mean, horror has been around for quite some time but we as writers and directors can't do anything new or different, now if I did anything different with this movie, I would at least give our protagonist some personality at least maybe stands up to her bullies at least I mean that's something new right? Even some of the jump scares are lame as well, because as I've said before after witnessing a lot of slasher films, you already know what's going to happen. And I'm sorry but I just call that lazy writing on so many levels moreover I would at least try to at least get the audience to jump out of their chair at least. The comedy as well I didn't find funny also, especially when our protagonist is in Vince Vaughn's body make certain jokes about then man's body that even I don't want to speak out loud due to my brain hurting. Probably the one scene I found unnecessary was during the midst of the third act our protagonist (who is in Vaughn's body) admits his/her love for the boy he/she's been stalking all her life and both the boy she's and love with, and Vince Vaughn share a kiss scene. Now I don't know of any language or any that belongs in that certain country or state, but that is completely unnecessary, like it’s a forty or fifty-year-old man kissing a twenty something young man and I'm sorry but no just no I do not wish to see that every again in my life time. So listen, do yourselves a favor and please skip this film especially since it's already out now, moreover I know that you’re trying to find something new to watch this holiday but for the sake of all things humanity watch something else because if I can find something dumb but in a good way I'm okay, but unfortunately this is one of those films that's really dumb but not in the best way.
         
                              

                      



No comments:

Post a Comment