My Mom for the past couple of months have been urging me to watch this movie called the Sheep Detective and I've been hearing about this movie prior to Amazon Prime releasing it or MGM Studio's, I mean look there both one in the same studio just like 20th Century Fox merging into Disney and yet they don't a point Corporal Klinger as a Disney Princess. Look at the bottom line is, I finally watched the Sheep Detective, and I have to say that this was defiantly one of the most adorable and fun movies to watch on Prime.
George Hardy (Hugh Jackman) is a Shepard who loves to read murder mysteries to his flock, never suspecting they can understand him. When George is found dead under a mysterious circumstance, the sheep (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) decide to solve the crime themselves, even if it means leaving their meadow for the first time and facing the fact that the human world isn't as simple as it appears in books.
This is one of those family films that I never quite expect in terms of the amount of really good actors and actresses that would be able to provide a great performance in one movie and the thing about this movie that impressed me the most, is the recognizable actors that my brains begin overriding and slowly recognizing who these actors are like for the sheep you have Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the courageous sheep that's determined to solve the case and is so blinded by the human world and has all the flaws in what makes a hero go onto a hero's journey theme from Luke Skywalker or King Arthur storyline that you can read Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey" then you can see the theme of this movie through Dreyfus character, and strangely enough I was hoping for a ton of Veep quotes of her replying "Tuck your shirt in okay, your d**k is hanging out of your pants" though granted this is a family movie so, can't do that I guess. But not just Louis-Dreyfus but Sir Patrick Stewart, Regina Hall, Bella Ramsey aka Lady Mormont from Game of Thrones as well as Brett Goldstein aka Roy Kent as due sheep for which of course while watching clips on YouTube Roy Kent is like my favorite I'd want to be reborn as. And more importantly you have Bryan Cranston as the loner sheep for which again all of these actors and actresses deliver great voice over work that to me is what makes for this family movie to be believable and worth watch because if you had unknown actors playing it would almost be like a meh family movie that you would find on ABC or the Hallmark channel then it would be disappointing to even sit through and watch. Even the human cast deserves a ton of credit and of course you got Hugh Jackman and Emma Thompson but Nicholas Braun actually steals the entire movie especially the climax of the movie and for those who haven't seen Succession he was the guy that always hanged out with Matthew Macfadyen through the course of the show. Now I don't want to go into a ton of details on what makes this film great because I want you all to watch this film and enjoy it with your kids, but with this film it strangely has great comedic flair and great Christian themes but more importantly has a great hero's theme that plays great through the eyes of Julia Louis-Dreyfus's character for which I love most. So, if you’re ever looking for a film to watch with your kids then I'd highly recommend watching The Sheep Detective for its pure heart and great comedic talents through the course of the entire film. And more importantly you can find this movie not just on Prime but you can also purchase the film on Blu-Ray if you feel the need to own it as well, for which I would do so, especially when Christopher Nolan tells us that we should all own our own favorite movies and Nolan is always right.

No comments:
Post a Comment