Kind of lost track this past week in terms of movie watching, mostly getting a little off the sidetrack in terms of real-life shenanigans like work and trying to get back on that right track. Anyway, the only way I can get back on that track is watching an entertainingly bad action movie, and so, Tony Scott's the Last Boy Scout came into fluctuant while browsing through my Tubi account, so I figured why not give this movie a shot and surprisingly I actually remembered seeing clips of this movie though it's more of the opening scene where the running back is shooting the entire defense which is the same way O.J. destroyed the entire bronco defense.
Once a first-rate Secret Service Agent, Joe Hallenbeck (Bruce Willis) is now a gruff private investigator who’s the latest gig is protecting a pole dancer (Hallie Berry). When she's murdered, he grudgingly teams up with her boyfriend, Jimmy Dix (Damon Wayans), an ex-quarterback with a gambling problem, and the two go after her killers.
Surprisingly enough if you heard of the name Shane Black writer and director of hit movies like Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and The Nice Guys, as well as creator behind the first Lethal Weapon movie as well as the first guy to get knocked off by the Predator in Predator, and fun fact both films came out the same year in 1987. Sometime after these two successes, Black went on to write which would become The Last Boy Scout after a bad relationship in which Black in his own words says, "I was busy mourning my life and, in many ways, the loss of my first real love. I didn't feel much like doing anything except smoking cigarettes and reading paperbacks. Time passed and eventually I sat down and transformed some of that bitterness into a character, the central focus of a private eye story which became The Last Boy Scout. Writing that script was a very cathartic experience, one of the best experiences I've ever had. I spent so much time alone working on that. Days in which I wouldn't speak. Three, four days where I maybe said a couple of words. It was a wonderful time where my focus was better than it's ever been. And I was rewarded so handsomely (1.75 million) for that script, it felt like a vindication and like I was back on track". So, look everyone if you’re having a bad day or taking time off after bad relationships gone wrong, writing what you love to write about, will grant you an amazing come back on life that will be so amazing than a great sports moment you've witnessed on Television. I would say that this is hands down one of the best Tony Scott films a million times better than Top Gun and most certainly Days of Thunder furthermore what I'm trying to say is that any film that consist of Tom Cruise playing the same hot shot and it's in the late 80's is not the movie worth watching. More importantly if you've seen films like Lethal Weapon or 48hrs, as well as just wanting entertaining action and unnecessary explosions that come out of nowhere, and it almost feels like when they cut to a car explosion it almost feels like they shot that car explosion from a different location especially when it's D-Day aka Bruce McGill getting blown up. If you love a fun and entertaining buddy cop movie with less of the police force and more of a rip off of both Lethal Weapon and 48hrs with tons of action than I would highly recommend watching The Last Boy Scout, it's fun as well as crazy action and explosions and more importantly it has the greatest opening of a running back gunning the entire defensive line, which in all honesty is how O.J. got those rushing records because he gunned them down and while testifying at court he hold onto the gun and says, "it's not mine.". And the film is also on Tubi for which setting up an account is free and despite having to sit through a ton of ads, you can also find hidden treasures that you wouldn't believe could be personally good. Also, Tubi is so great that you can also find a ton of entertaining mindless action movies, that would still stand the test of time and for F-sakes this film has Bruce Willis punching a guy’s noise into his entire skull, I mean if you don't find that awesome, I don't know what can keep you entertained.

No comments:
Post a Comment