Well, I'm sure all of you know by now that everywhere you go in terms of stores like Walmart or Dollar General hell, any store around the states or all over planet Earth you'd probably know that Halloween season is already coming around the corner. And granted I don't know what's going around the world in terms of Halloween, but I would doubt the Middle East. And so, I decided to watch Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood? Look, all you know is that it's Jason vs Carrie but it's not Carrie.
Years after the strange drowning death of her father, Tina Shepard (Lar Park Lincoln) returns to the site of his demise, Crystal Lake. Her developing psychic were responsible for ending his life, leaving Tina riddled with guilt as an adult. While deceitful Dr. Crews (Terry Kiser) tries to manipulate her abilities for his own ends, both physician and patient are in for a shock when Tina's powers unwittingly free camper-killer Jason Voorhees (Kane Hodder) from his watery slumber.
I got to say typing in the plot of the movie as well as talking about it now kind of makes sense in terms of a refresher I mean sure they're a lot of things that I would most certainly forget but a few things about the plot of the film and yet to the films credit it does give you a little refresher in terms of what you can get caught up after watching Jason Lives. And it's been close to a year since I last watched Jason Lives and so, this was a good refresher as to what I missed at the end of the film. While watching, The New Blood I did begin to realize through the course of the movie, of this being a sort of Carrie vs Jason type of a film? And looking up the film on Wikipedia, it says that after failed concepts writer of Part VII, Daryl Haney says that Carrie vs Jason came into light for is one of those minor accomplishments in guessing the entire plot right. This film also introduces Kane Hodder in what everyone knows to be as the true Jason Voorhees and there's really not a whole lot to say in terms of what makes his performance great, a side from his performance in Jason X was much better because that film is the creme dela creme of amazingly bad entertainment so, there's that. Like most of the Friday the 13th films there's really not a whole lot to say other than whenever you’re having a s**ty day and nothing going your way I would highly recommend just sitting down and have a Friday the 13th movie marathon because in all honesty these films are just made to be pure entertainment and stupid at the same time and if you take these films seriously then you're just missing the sense of these films and especially the 80's culture in what movies back in those days we're made for. Moreover that's kind of the same reasons as to why the remake of Friday the 13th failed miserably because the producers tried to make it scary but all these films are nothing but terrible teenagers just being horrible to either fat people or nerdy people and Jason does us a favor by taking them all out, for which really when you think about especially when you’re getting older your just rooting for Jason at the end and if it we're me I would remake Friday the 13th as a dark comedy with horrible teens and Jason taking them out although that's already been done because the 80's has already done it. Like the previous Jason films, the pure fun and entertaining to watch from start to finish although the first three films are okay you can watch them only once but if it were me, I would say New Blood, Jason Lives and Jason X are the best Friday movies in my opinion. So, if you’re getting ready for Halloween, I would highly recommend watching the Friday the 13th films and even have your kids watch them because they're going to be going to high school and they should at least get some experience in terms of what they have to experience and these films are at least realistic than the High School Musical movies. Although I would say kids today are making good choices although nowadays kids could possibly be doing at least dumb stuff. Now, New Blood was fun to watch with satisfactory deaths but I'm looking forward to watching Jason taking Manhattan, and hopefully that one will be fun before I get to the nineth film.
_theatrical_poster.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment