After watching The Big Lebowski I figured maybe I find another good quality stoner movie, and I don't know if Pineapple Express was that good choice but it was at least a somewhat decent movie though then again, this is probably going to be one of those films where I might forget for a long while. Although granted the first opening act of the movie was at least better and intriguing.
Stoner Dale Denton's (Seth Rogen) enjoyment of a rare strain of marijuana may prove fatal when he drops his roach in a panic after witnessing a murder. Upon learning that the fancy weed can be traced back to them, Dale and his dealer (James Franco) go on the run, with a dangerous drug lord (Gary Cole) and crooked cop (Rosie Perez) hot on their heels.
I feel like personally, that if you've seen a stoner movie like Pineapple Express you've pretty much seen them all and me it's of course it's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, and both of those films are simple and they get to the point by end of the movie as well as getting high all the time. And with Pineapple Express, sure Seth Rogan is a enjoyable comedic actor, and some of his films are enjoyable to watch but that's pretty much it, furthermore at times they just continue to get high all the time and I feel like this movie should of been cut to at least 80 minutes tops. Now don't get me wrong there is some great comedic moments especially when you have Seth Rogan and Amber Heard playing the dysfunctional couple especially when he's dating an underage kid and through the course of the movie she proposes the idea of marriage and Rogen's character is just "ooh yeah" and I think it's funny especially this actually fits Amber Heard when you think about it especially when she made Johnny Depp's life a living hell. The opening scene where it's set in the late 1930's and the Government is testing Marijuana and Bill Hader steals the whole show with his performance as a testing rat, and yet I think to myself "why don't they set this in the pre-WWII era?" I mean it would be a lot funnier and we'd never see anything like that well despite Reefer Madness but that's barely a movie so, technically doesn't count but still, ah hell, I guess this proves yet again this is one of those movies where you’re obviously not going to get the best stoner movie. For a sort of action movie? It does have some funny moments, and I was glad they at least had the scenes where James Franco and Rosie Perez are fighting as well as Seth Rogan's hilarious jump towards Gary Cole but other than that this film does have some good and decent action moments. If you looking for something dumb but funny this film I would sort of recommend watch, in fact the film is on Peacock and Tubi but then this film is a good once over type of film where you only have to watch it once and maybe a couple of years from now just sit down and watch it again so the jokes can refresh itself. In terms of a stoner movie after watching the Big Lebowski this film was okay-ish and granted it’s not all bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment