There are times when I just want an entertaining action movie, I am sure I can always find them everywhere in the streaming service, but it depends on something that's good and something quick as well as getting from point A to point B quickly. Now all that un-logistics that don't sound right I found the movie Dredd, anyone remember Dredd? You know the movie that looks a billion times better than Sylvester Stallone's Dredd? Moreover, if it we're me between Karl Urban's Dredd this year’s He-Man, Karl Urban's Dredd would demolish him physically and psychologically.
Mega City One is a vast, violent metropolis where felons rule the streets. The only law lies with cops called "judges," who act as judge, jury and executioner, and Dredd (Karl Urban) is one of the city's most feared. One day, Dredd is partnered with Cassandra (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities. A report of a terrible crime sends Dredd and Cassandra to a dangerous area controlled by Ma-Ma (Lena Headey), a drug lord who will stop at nothing to protect her empire.
I believe the last time I watched this great movie was when it came out in the theaters prior to the film’s release and I haven't seen it sense and although I wasn't all big on Dredd mainly because it's one of those films that technically reminded me of Batman: Arkham Asylum and for me it was okay at the time mainly because I wasn't all big in the Dredd world, especially watching the Sylvester Stallone Dredd it just was meh. That being said now having watched so many movies especially some B-movie treasures as well as going back and rewatching Karl Urban's Dredd, I slowly realized that this movie is fantastic from beginning to end and Karl Urban is a billion times better than Stallone's Dredd mainly because he's like a futuristic Punisher moreover I realized what was I actually thinking in saying that this movie was okay because if there was any time I get to see Lena Headey finally get what she deserves instead of a mediocre death in Game of Thrones, her getting thrown out the window and falling to her death at like 200th floor window is so, satisfying that again it goes back to all those times when I wanted Cersei finally get a satisfying death but not on the very show that made her a star and a first class b***h, but then at the end of the day you have to have at least the little things that get you satisfied. What also makes this Dredd movie fantastic is that Dredd is a walking killing machine whose the combination of both Batman and Punisher, furthermore is a guy that you don't want to mess with but more importantly you also a partner that basically is basically the human center to Dredd's darkness and that's really what makes these kind of films more interesting because if you just have the darkness then the character can't be relatable or much to rooting for and it's the same with Punisher, Batman as well as Daredevil you have to have that human center or side character that the main character can have conversation with. Granted you can make a ton of theories as to why this film didn't do so well at the theaters, mainly it's because the forced 3D effect became more of a pain to other people’s thorn though let's be honest once Cameron's Avatar came out the whole 3D trend became big to immensely annoying and that trend from the 2010's became the most hard thing to watch until Nolan finally perfected IMAX. Sadly will never have a sequel to Karl Urban's Dredd because we all didn't realize the potential to Urban's greatness as Judge Dredd, but reliving Dredd was pure enjoyment and as of right now I'm planning to find the Blu-Ray copy of Dredd so, I can put it into my Blu-Ray collection, and if you have Prime or YouTube account for free movies with ads then I would highly recommend watching Dredd before the summer fun ends and well everyone is getting excited for Halloween and but you can always ignore those cooperate stores, and just watch an entertaining action movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment