Thursday, April 4, 2024

Self Reliance

 














                                    Couldn't sleep the night before for many reasons I was getting by a** handed to me in God of War Ragnarök, so I decided to stream a movie on Hulu that's been on my radar though I wished it was something else. You know when you felt like you've been scammed or conned into something that yourself thought "oh this might be intriguing" but later realize how dumb you felt in purchasing this item and go through a phase of what did I just purchase? Well, thankfully it was free, so I didn't lose much of my dignity but still feels like I've been betrayed into watching that's a huge lie to my own movie watching experience. 
                                    Tommy (Jake Johnson) receives an invitation to win 1 million by playing a game where he must outwit hunters attempting to kill him. He realizes the hunters can only attack him when he's alone, but none of his friends and family believe the game is real.
                                    Now when I first saw the trailer of the movie, I was thinking to myself that this might be an interesting movie to see, it has a unique idea moreover it's a regular guy whose outsmarting these killers and it's a sort of Coen Bros humor or dark humor just my kind of movie. Oh, how I was fooled, and my brother even told me he couldn't get through the movie because of how bad the movie was, and he was so angry of how he got fooled. For which brings me to literally spoiling the movie for all of you this is not a movie it was advertising, this is basically a romantic comedy and that's really the depressing factor about the whole film moreover it's written by a guy who I'm literally thinking thinks he knows comedy after appearing in a movie like Tag and thought to himself that he was ready to direct his own movie, which would make sense because I doubt he made more drafts of the script or asked anyone on their opinion, and here is a good piece of advice, if you have a good concept for a story idea that would make for a movie, for the love of the almighty pitch it to your friends or your colleagues so they can give you their honest opinions because even though they may hurt but they will help you succeed, and I strongly know deep down that Johnson didn't pitch this to any of his friends about this idea and even if they did they we're horrible friends. The other thing I hate most about the movie is that the protagonist of the movie is just a pathetic man that no one takes him serious, basically has no testicles, which is the most dumbest thing when it comes to comedy moreover is the most overrated thing and really if you’re writing a comedy whose down on his luck at least give him some f**king balls, or give him some self-respect because movies like this movie and the 40 year old Virgin are the reasons why I can't watch movies like this because why would I even want to watch this movie because it just not funny at all and I wouldn't want to watch a man suffer. I truly look at this movie as a false advertisement moreover consider this movie a huge scam to movies in general. Even though this movie is ninety minutes it's still the most boring and just flat out the worst thing ever up there with Gigli, Zoolander, A Million ways to Die in the West and any Adam Sandler film, oh I almost forgot Don't Worry Darling. So, as a man whose been suffered with tons of scams I would highly recommend not ever watching this movie and if you’re that bored in wanting to watch this piece of trash at least clean your house or apartment, so you don't have to watch all this movie through, also you most certainly won't miss anything when it comes to this crap. Though in closing when I say this in making it any clear, Self Reliance is one of the biggest scams since Freddy Got Fingered. 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment