Friday, April 5, 2024

Free Fire


 












                                        I desperately needed to find a movie that I need to get the taste of Self Reliance out of my mouth. Free Fire was one of those movies I remember seeing back in 2016. Moreover, loved the concept of what the film is in terms of creating a unique story as well as making the whole story work, but mostly has that style of comedy that feels right. Though most importantly has a great list of actors to bring this movie to life. Also, since newly Academy Award winning actor Cillian Murphy has been granted that title, I figured well now is one of the best times ever to review a movie in the Oppenheimer cast. Since yeah when I think about as of right now, I did review Matt Damon's Good Will Hunting so "who da thunk".
                                        When the black-market arms deal goes outrageously wrong, Justine (Brie Larson) finds herself caught in the crossfire, forced to navigate through a warehouse full of trigger-happy madmen who are all hanging on for dear life.
                                        In a world where there are millions upon millions of remakes, superhero films, and enough Disney owned cartoons and live action remakes of fairy tales that will make you feel bored out of your mind, and you'd step into a deep depression. Movies like Free Fire are always one of those movies that comes along that I would most certainly watch furthermore make it my life long mission to watch it because it's those movies that make me feel that it's possible to get into the film business, moreover needs to be a category of movies that people can look and watch from start to finish and be inspired to pick up a camera and watch the movie whole, just those movies like Clerks, Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi are one of those movies that every aspiring filmmaker needs to see so themselves alone can see it doesn't take a college degree to get into a movie business, it takes a lot of knowledge the understanding of a camera and story telling that will most certainly get you through the doors in Hollywood. And Free Fire is a great example of taking a simple idea of not so bright gangsters shooting at one another through the course of the movie but also add a great sense of humor along the way. The fact that it cost only seven million dollars is really awesome because one all writers Amy Jump and Ben Wheatley really pitched was a simple story of maniac's in the longest shootout ever upon which is also a curious thing of who is going to make it out alive and how it ends and also Martin Scorsese look at this story and found it special moreover I believe that's why he came on as an executive producer. I personally feel that movies like this need to make in appearance at the movie theaters so everyone can see at the big screen not so much overbearing crap of remakes and superhero films, and I think that if I own my own theater, I'm defiantly going to air this for everyone to see. Free Fire is most certainly one of those great simple/well-crafted movies that I would highly recommend watching for any lover of film would want to use as inspiration for their upcoming career. So, now that Free Fire is on Max I would highly recommend watching if you’re a fan of gangster films, moreover dark comedies. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment