Thursday, December 21, 2023

December Recommendation: Mickey's Christmas Carol

 












                                       There are a lot of times in the month of December, where I must find that one Christmas movie that would be that perfect one where you can watch it repeatedly that kind of like Die Hard, George C. Scott's A Christmas Carol, or of course It's A Wonderful Life. And deep down there must be one film that can keep the Christmas spirit going, moreover can put a smile on your face just like Die Hard or It's a Wonderful Life. But deep down there just must be that one film you can look back on your life especially your childhood and just realize how perfect the film is from start to finish, also is thirty minutes. Yeah, sure you can say that's it's not the right length to be considered a Christmas film but trust me when I say this that Mickey's Christmas Carol was that one movie in my childhood, I would consider the many greats from Disney.
                                       Basically, A Christmas Carol staring Scrooge McDuck as Ebeneezer Scrooge as well as Mickey Mouse as Bob Cratchit and Goofy as Jacob Marley. Moreover, taking all the elements of the story to A Christmas Carol but with the magic of Disney you basically get a tremendous masterpiece.
                                       Pretty much of all Disney cartoons Mickey's Christmas Carol was that one film I can watch on Christmas and was always a blast to watch from start to finish, and really it was a time when we really couldn't afford to buy movies and since we had certain TV channels if I remember correctly a good portion of Christmas movies especially Disney airing on ABC, and we had a lot of blank tapes we decided to recording some of these specials on TV and that way we can watch them over and over again. And there where not much of a lot of movies I remember owning though there defiantly a lot of those from Disney movies, some Christian cartoon films, to lot of films that my mom and dad loved and granted that's out of memory as I recall, and I could be wrong but again your memories you remember could deceive you. Now the last maybe two Christmas's I do remember my brother sitting down with his kids watching Mickey's Christmas Carol on Disney + and just sat down and did absolutely nothing because it truly was that ultimate Disney Christmas film that is just beloved as well as comedic in every way. For many reasons why I choose this beloved classic as my December Recommendation is really simple, I just needed that breath of fresh air furthermore that one film that can keep me in the spirit of Christmas because even as December winds down and work becomes a pain in the a**, it's really hard to keep that Holiday spirit up and really I can't watch Christmas Vacation anymore because well it brings back bad memories and Scrooged gave me that level of not wanting to be reminded of work since I do work at a TV station. So, Mickey's Christmas Carol is really that perfect movie where you can round up the statistics of what makes a great Christmas film and this film alone is just perfect because it really doesn't overdo it but gets to the point, especially when I recognize a lot of Disney characters that make ton of cameo's especially the 1973 Disney classic Robin Hood which is funny moreover when you think about it the creators do over the years re-issue the same character and style of dancing through the years, and really there sequences that I truly see in my nightmares when it comes to Disney cartoons in the past. Without a doubt Mickey's Christmas Carol is officially that one truly great Christmas film that I will watch over and over again it's really amazing from the voices to the characters themselves and I feel truly blessed to finally sit down and watch it over the years moreover consider it a great sense of pure enjoyment that I can sit down and watch all over again this Christmas, so without further ado I truly say to all of you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
     

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment