Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Mortal Kombat 1

 












                                     Well ladies and gentlemen, it's officially in the Christmas season and I'm confident that there are a lot of us that haven't got Christmas shopping done. How I know I just know because let's be honest there's a ton of those a**holes out there that are shopping at Wal-Mart, Target or any other store on Christmas Eve still shopping and if that's not being lazy then no wonder the United States is screwed. But the point I'm trying to make here is that there are a lot of gamer's out there that are looking for the right video game for either recommendation or to buy for their fellow counterparts. And I figured why not recommend two video games I've recently played that are both entertaining and amazing to play over and over again. Also, you all know I'm going to play anything Mortal Kombat related so yeah there's no surprise I'm recommending Mortal Kombat 1.
                                    After becoming the Keeper of Time, Liu Kang set a new era in his own image, a world filled with peace and prosperity. Unfortunately there is someone out there that is disrupting the peace and prosperity, now Liu Kang must assemble a team of champions to stop this threat that is disrupting the peace that Liu Kang has created.
                                    I wasn't going to lie when I heard that they were reinventing the Mortal Kombat universe, I really wasn't quite sure in terms of what I as a fan to expect because this was a process of three games they made and I personally felt it's a little to early to reinvent the franchise despite the fact that MK 11 was left in this 2001: A Space Odyssey like ending that I was curious of what they were going to do for the next game. Then hearing some of the changes they made I was a little uneasy but through the course of playing the game moreover the story mode and really became intrigued of what they were doing in terms of story they were telling. And really a lot of the changes became more and more intriguing although I wasn't quite sure with the dilemma of both Sub-Zero and Scorpion changed but when I finished with one of the towers as Smoke I began to see what they were creating for the next game and felt more relief. Even some of the other characters story I was really excited especially the character of Reptile, who I remember through the course of the PS2 games and Mortal Kombat 9 he was always this reptilian like man that didn't look appealing to me and really when I saw a preview of him being both human and reptilian at the same time I was definitely feeling the intrigued even more because I love the old school Reptile because that looked like a perfect fit for the character because I loved the mysterious behind this character and when he uses his acid spit or his fighting style that's what I like most about the character and him becoming his true self I was really excited to both play and see at the same time. The game-play alone was just fantastic to play as well and again I wasn't quite sure their new game-play with the main fighter and the Kameo fighter along with the game-play it was a both of intrigued and not sure but again through the course of the game it was like a breath of fresh air where each of the game-play was show a unique style of play that you begin to see through the course of each game from the past to present. Now having played the game a number of times I'm definitely looking forward to the next game because the ending to the story I truly began to see that they were doing their own take on the Marvel's Multiverse of Madness and seeing every single character mixed as if it was a different bowl of soup is both funny and yet OMG this is overwhelming for many reasons it's so bizarre in terms of what your fighting against and can't get over the fact that one is combined with Sindel and Reptile, both Sonya and Kano combined as one moreover  Sho Kahn and Sub-Zero is just crazy to see. Now, I'm sure to all of you who read my reviews of anything related to Mortal Kombat, I'm a big fan of the video games themselves there the definition of good vs evil moreover the blood and gore is always amazing from start to finish and if you're counterpart is a fanatic of the Mortal Kombat Universe, then Mortal Kombat 1 is the right game to get for your loved ones this Christmas. 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment