Saturday, August 26, 2023

August Recommendation: Sound of Freedom


 










                              Hello everyone as the Governator would say, "I'M BACK". That's right I've been gone on a long three-week vacation doing absolutely nothing though watching movies and playing a little bit of Golf, Chevy Chase style. Throughout the course of my three weeks of hibernation I've decided to expand my horizon in a lot of interesting and surprisingly good films that really challenge my views in ways I couldn't imagine. One film for which I've considered my monthly recommendation for the month of August, is a movie that my parents watched and wanted me to watch as well. Sound of Freedom is a courageous story about one U.S. Agent who embarks on a mission to rescue children from sex traffickers in Columbia. 
                              After rescuing a boy from ruthless child traffickers, a federal agent (Jim Caviezel) learns the boy's sister is still captive and decides to embark on a dangerous mission to save her. With time running out, he quits his job and journey's deep into the Colombian jungle, putting his life on the line to free her from a fate worse than death.
                               I’ve seen a lot of movies for a long time since 2010, more of them are films I enjoyed through the years moreover I'd also watch films that I kind of wanted to have a challenge from bad to good, from worst to one of the greatest films I've ever seen. But Sound of Freedom is considered an Action movie, I must admit it's really something new and different than I've ever seen especially when it comes to a small independent movie. The film itself is based on a true story based on Tim Ballard who started in operation titled Operation Underground Railroad for which taken care of the anti-sex trafficking, and the interesting factor is that Ballard recommended Jim Caviezel after watching the Count of Monte Cristo, for which damn I now have to re-watch that movie because that's another film I've haven't seen in quite a long time. Now getting back to never seeing a different kind of film, when I watched the film for the first time I really thought in my own mind that I would actually see some of these scumbags getting what they deserve moreover hell I was actually hoping they would maybe torture some of them for the their monstrous deeds I'm not going to lie and this film doesn't have that in a sense granted once some of these guys get captured they are showed what their lives are going to be like but in the darkest of things I was kind of hoping we at least have a scene where some of these scumbags go to prison and all of the inmates give death glare's at these new inmates because they know what there convicted of and know they're not going to last. And honestly that's kind of the thing I was going to expect in the movie, and yet we didn't get to see that for which yes it's a little disappointing but then I began to think about it a little bit and the thing was I had to talk to my Mom about it via texting her, and then it just accrued to me that, that's really how Hollywood in a sense kind of transformed my brain a little bit in terms of what I’m going to expect, a great example of that is Taken where Liam Neeson is torturing a sex trafficker or the first season of Big Sky on ABC where one of the protagonist shoots the evil police officer in the head but yet is question for their actions I mean it's one of those things where I expect in a movie like this. And yet I have to realize I need to turn my brain off of things I'm going to expect in movies like this and with Sound of Freedom expecting these cruel people getting what they deserve it's really about the story of man whose reached a breaking point in his job and wants to free these children from the worst acts of human kind, and Jim Caviezel's quest to save these children and bring them back to their dad, and that's the thing that makes Angel Studios such a great start up movie studio because their taking serious in terms of making great Christian media. Furthermore praise the good Lord when it comes to Angel Studios because when the films was completed back in 2018, producer Eduardo Verastegui made a distribution deal with the Latin American subsidiary of 20th Century Fox, though when the studio was bought by Disney the film was shelved until Verastegui and director Alejandro Gomez Monteverde bought the distribution rights back from the Studio and then when to Angel Studios who really saw potential in the movie, and great praises for Angel Studio's because their the one Christian company that actually gives a s**t about story telling the movie itself is an exceptionally great film from start to finish as well as a great suspense film because with the help of Jim Caviezel's performance he really does an exceptional job leading the audience through this dangerous mission of rescuing children from bad people on the planet and what these kids are going with in the movie is just horrifying to imagine. Another actor who gives a great performance is Bill Camp who plays a former cartel accountant turned helper for government officers because his monologue of why he decided to help troubled kids is just amazing moreover you feel for the guy and knowing that it takes a lot to forgive yourself from terrible deeds. From start to finish Sound of Freedom was known doubt a surprising hit of 2023, with great suspense and great acting from Jim Caviezel who let's not forget the man is the best movie Jesus (though Jonathan Roumie is the best TV Jesus), but deep down this is a movie that needs to be seen for many reasons the topic of sex trafficking is in important to discuss because it's everywhere and nobody is doing about it hell it's happening in small unexpected places like Central Nebraska and we don't even know it. So, I would highly recommend watching this film in your selected theaters or when it's released in Blu-Ray and watch the film and most importantly for those who've watched a ton of movies like me pretend you haven't seen a movie like Sound of Freedom.
          
                                                        
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment