Monday, August 28, 2023

Meg 2: The Trench

 













                                      



                                     In days of slumber from work I was tasked by my brother to take my nieces and nephew to a movie that they wanted to go and see. For which that movie I grudgingly did not want to go see, and that movie was Meg 2: The Trench. And really this was an uncle, nieces and nephew's night out moreover don't have a whole lot to say because my youngest nephew loves some of the weirdest movies that I never thought she'd ever like but she does. Now before I proceed with my review, I should point out that I haven't seen the first movie for many reasons well, the most obvious reason I don't really want to.
                                     Jonas Taylor (Jason Statham) leads a research team on an exploratory dive into the deepest depths of the ocean. Their voyage spirals into chaos when a malevolent mining operation threatens their mission and forces them into a high-stakes battle for survival.
                                     Now having experienced this time with my niece and nephew, I of coursed learned a lot of form this experience and more importantly will defiantly do this again. I mean sure I'm going to lose out when it comes to kids wanting to see movies like Meg 2, and yes I'll most certainly get some bonus points when it comes to the kids but in all honesty when they get older I'll be forcing them to pay for my food when I pick the movie I want to go see so, that will at least be some sweet petty childish revenge on them or will it? Okay, I'll joke aside in terms of movie itself all I can say is that this is the reason why Jaws is the godfather of all Shark movies as a genre that's completely by itself. Though true I haven't seen the first one but that's because I've seen a lot of previews to shark movies that I look at and think those are without a doubt a complete waste of my time, just one of those genres after the success of Jaws, Hollywood is like "well how can we top that, there must be a why right? Well, what if the dead shark had a baby and that's it that's the story, or what if he goes out on revenge, how about we combine a shark with an octopus, I mean that can work we're Californians we're brain dead". For which to be fair Hollywood producers are brain dead that's why they continue to produce so much crap. Even though I haven't seen the first movie, I can honestly say that the whole premise of this movie is just way too predictable especially when the antagonist in the movie is insanely dumb in wanting to control these huge Sharks it’s like how I hope they all die a horrible death for their insane stupidity. Here's the thing, when it comes to Jason Statham when it comes to his movies a hit at times, but then he also has hard misses, and the Meg movies are like Rick Vaughn's misses in Major League where there are hard misses. I mean when it comes to the Crank films those were so entertaining that I had to stop what I was doing and enjoy the ride but with the Trench, I felt so bored that I'd using a good portion of my bathroom breaks. I did find a disturbing truth that the Meg films we're based on books from the late 90's for which I was beyond surprised, moreover I want to check these books out and see what's the big difference between the movies and the books, for many reasons I can't believe the movies are the same as the books. Of course this movie was not my cup of tea furthermore have no interest in wanting to watch these movies again, but when it comes to my own nieces, nephews and their love of movies I have to watch what they like for many reasons it's there wants not mine and I have to respect that moreover that's an important lesson when being an uncle to three kids, and even though I don't look at this movie the way they do, I will always no questions asked be taking my them to a movie they want to go see even if the movie looks bad and they're driving me nuts because I love them to death.
          
                                       

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment