Tuesday, June 29, 2021

June Recommendation: Hot Tub Time Machine

 











                                  I've had a bunch of movies to recommend in all honesty, though all of a suddenly I kind of realized those movies need to be used for a special purpose. So I apologize in terms of a last minute resort, speaking of resort let's talk about my June recommendation Hot Tub Time Machine, been quite a while since I've seen this great comedy in all honesty and I nearly forgotten how great this film was once I sat down and watched it from start to finish. Now after experiencing this laugh out loud comedy I have to say that everyone needs to re-watch this great flick for many reasons this film does remind me of my lifestyle and choices but also you can watch this movie over and over again and still laugh at the amazing dialogue that goes with it.  Hell, even late, famous movie critic Rodger Ebert gave this film a three out of four stars, so he at least knows what a great comedy is at least, well he at least did before his time ran out. So anyway, let’s talk about Hot Tub Time Machine.
                                 Four friends stuck in a rut of their adulthood are given a surprisingly second chance at life when their own Hot Tub, mysteriously transport them back to 1986, when they were young in their own prime and now the four decide whether to stick with the timeline or make a few adjustments in their own personal lifestyle.
                                 In all honesty what I love about this movie is that this reminds me a lot of my friends when we hang out and we give each other crap about their lifestyle or that person who’s the lesser friend. More meaning to that, is a lot of the chemistry and dialogue reminds me of my friends and I think was makes this film amazing is that any guy can watch this movie and chuckle at it and say this is like my friends. I honestly don't know if I would of loved this film if John Cusack wasn't involved I mean sure everyone else is passable in the film but I'm not sure if you can have the impact that Cusack provides in the film, especially when the film itself is over the top in terms of ridiculousness. Even Cusack's fellow collaborator from High Fidelity (one of my favorite films) Steve Pink directs this film, so at least we can have a few good bonus points along the way. What I found amazing about the film and yes it's been quite a long time since I've watched this film, was that Sebastian Stan aka the Winter Soldier was in this playing the over the top antagonist Blaine, and I'm not going to lie when I say this that I for a moment didn't recognized him at first, furthermore you really can't fault a guy whose most famous for something now but yet does a role like this in the past, you sometimes got to let that slide for many reasons you need the money and the work, also this film was made a year before the first Caption America movie came out so on the bright side this had to of been Stan's calling card for fame. So, in all honesty with this whole insanity that is the post pandemic I would highly recommend watching this film mainly it will most certainly put you in a better mode and this is defiantly one of the many comedies I love that you can watch over and over again. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment