Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wrath of Man

 












                       


                               Yesterday was my only opportunity to go see a movie in the movie theater so luckily Guy Ritchie's latest film Wrath of Man was at the very movie theater so like I said I had to make my opportunities count. I have to admit when I saw this film I was really on the intrigued side of it moreover it had a simple of storylines mainly it’s about a father losing his son to a robbery and wants revenge, so now that I've seen this movie does it pay off? Well, on the grand scheme of things I would rather watch this film than Cruella, so that's at least on the plus side of things but in the moral side of it, it was a simple movie but the really didn't execute it well enough for me to give this a positive review and I'll explain my reasons to you all but for now let’s talk about the plot of Wrath of Man.
                              Mysterious and wide-eyed, a new security guard (Jason Statham) for a cash truck surprises his co-workers when he unleashes precision skills during a heist. The crew is left wondering who he is and where he came from. Soon, the marksman's motives become clear as he takes dramatic and irrevocable steps to settle a score.
                               On the grand scheme of things, the movie itself is okay? The main problem I had with the movie itself was that it was too predictable or another way of putting up is that it needs to simplify there was just too much things that were happening it was hard to take serious especially the supporting cast meaning there was nothing wrong with Statham throughout the whole movie it’s just the supporting cast was just god awful especially Clint Eastwood's son Scott Eastwood because throughout the film he was just awful moreover his character was just obviously un-trustworthy I don't know why crew brought him back but I guess Ritchie wanted him to be back in it because this film falls flat on clichés. Also, I hope that Clint takes his son and the back and gives him in old fashion beating for his lack of performance, because that was just one of the worst things he's ever done, or maybe just disowned him since we're living in a world where we don't believe in physically abusing your own kids. It’s not just Eastwood's kid in all honesty Josh Hartnett was terrible in this movie too for reason's I can't explain, furthermore I miss the days when I though he was amazing in Lucky Number Slevin. What this film also fails on is its attempts to tell too much of the story, meaning they explain so much of what Statham's characters motives are it would of been better that they didn't explain the whole background of what he really is, Like it would of been way better if they made his character a lot like Charles Bronson's character in Once Upon a Time in the West where we absolutely don't know who he is and we just get random five second flashbacks until the final frame of the movie where we get the biggest reveal, and stuff like this shows that I can make this movie better moreover work with the actors that can give me a worthy performance. Probably the last thing I can say about this film was that the amount of clichés I found in the movie was just a downer for me especially when the movie decides to reveal the who the traitor is moreover kills all his co-workers is just "really?" Like if I'm in a shootout and the guy is telling me to lower your gun I'm not trusting that person, also movie just kills everyone off and yet I wasn't really all stratified with the conclusion of it or in all honesty I didn't feel for every one of these actors to begin with so I guess it doesn't matter really. So, Cruella was playing at the same movie theater that Wrath of Man was at so I can tell you this in all truthiness I would rather waste my money on this movie rather than Cruella because I'll at least get some of my money's worth than a movie that really doesn't even need to be made. But, deep down I can't really say I liked this movie to give it a good recommendation moreover it’s nice to see Guy Ritchie try something new and different although he just failed badly in the end which is sad because he is a good writer/director. So, I would suggest waiting when this movie comes out on Blu-Ray or DVD and watch it then don't pay twenty bucks right now and rent this because that's just way too much to pay when this movie isn't all that great.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment