Thursday, February 11, 2021

Too Late for Tears

 














  
                                          There is rare few times I find a movie on YouTube or any streaming services that I honestly look at and just scream at the top of my lungs and say "OMG THAT WAS F**KING AMAZING", well in my random movie night picks this one was obviously the out of the park home run. Too Late for Tears, tells a simple story of how money can make you do the evillest things possible especially if it's a bag full of cash. And I myself don't seem to understand how this amazing well-crafted film isn't recognized by Turner Classic Movies, AFI or the Academy Awards, meaning this was hands down one of the many movies I consider the greatest movies of all time. Hell, I will even go so far and say that this maybe better than No Country for Old Men though I mean no disrespect to the Coen Brothers moreover I haven't seen it in quite a while. But we're going to have to leave that whole story later because now I'm going to tell you what great of a hidden find I found in Too Late for Tears.
                                     After an unknown driver throws a bag of money into a couple’s car things begin to become chaotic when the wife persists on keeping the money by any means necessary. Unfortunately, a mysterious figure shows up and tells the wife that it was his money she took. Now all hell breaks loose when a few begin to realize what the wife is planning to do with all the loose cash.
                                      I think what I love most about film noir's is that they impose a lot of psychologic elements to the story they really dive deep into what the person's drive furthermore their personal needs to survive, and what makes this great is through the course of the story you get to see some of the characters true colors, but then you also on the other hand see characters you don't know about nor no their background but then you proceed to understand who they are when your reminded a tiny bit of clue on who that person truly is. And so that's one of the many reason's as to why I love film noir is of its many surprises moreover the twists and turns they included, for which is way better pay off's than a M. Night Shyamalan movie. Lizabeth Scott does a great job in this film (now bear with me when I try not to spoil this film because I want you all to watch this) and I completely forgot the fact that she was also in another film which stared Barbra Stanwyck and Kirk Douglas, but that's for another time. Now back to this film, what I like most about Scott's performance in this film is that she first starts out as just a simple loving wife whose married to Arthur Kennedy (no not related to any of the Kennedy's, hopefully) but she begins to shed a different light when her character discovers the bag of money then slowly becomes a different person once you get to know her more, and to me that's really fascinating because one, its character development and two in on person/character slowly turning into a monster or being pushed into madness. Also, I love the idea where the beautiful/gorgeous female becomes the antagonist of the movie and I do wish they have more of that idea for modern day films like a slasher film or maybe a blackmailer type of a film because I'm a firm believer in that women can be villain's too if the story is good enough and right enough as well, just not movies like Obsessed with Beyonce and Ali Larter or, actually that's they only film I can think of so far but feel free to quote me on another film noir where the woman is the antagonist. Don Deforce I'm not quite familiar with moreover haven't seen any of his films if I remember right but him in this film does a great job as well playing the unknown stranger that comes in on the scene until the very end when we see his true purpose as to why he's involved so that's at least another good plus, I can give credit for and I apologize to anyone if I haven't seen any of his work, although I may have I just don't remember. What I'm madder at is the fact that this film has not been appreciative by anyone in the AFI list or Turner Classic Movies and I found this on YouTube for all things wrong about the world and yet I thought this was an amazing movie. But what really pisses me off, especially when it comes to the AFI is that this amazingly well-crafted movie isn't on the top 100 list but the Sixth Sense is? Though granted I haven't seen the Sixth Sense in a while but its Shyamalan, his films now are really on the crap side of things.  So, look bottom line if you’re looking for a film to watch on random movie night this is one of those movies you defiantly need to watch, this is everything I want in a Film Noir and it will keep you on the edge of your seat till the final frame.
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment