Saturday, February 13, 2021

February Recommendation: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

 








                                  Well its February everyone, to some it's the romantic time of the year via Valentine's Day. To the rest it's just a regular day in the month of February, for which means we don't really care about Valentine's Day because we're all single. Unfortunately, I don't know the best way to recommend a film based on February since it's mostly a romantic type month, but the good news is I'm recommending a good chick flick movie not just those dumb hallmark movies or any of Nicholas Sparks books that have been adapted to cliché like films. No this will be a real chick flick movie. And with that, I present Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, a trippy science fiction-like, romance film developed out of the mind of Charlie Kaufman writer of such films like Being John Malkovich, Adaption and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. The film stars Jim Carrey before he becomes insane but look it's at least one of his finest acting roles since the Truman Show. Alright, enough talk so without further ado let's talk about Carrey hooking up with a blue haired Kate Winslet.
                                 Heartbroken and distraught, Joel (Jim Carrey) decides to erase memories of his ex-girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet) who also went through the same procedure as well. But once undergoing the treatment Joel begins to relive memories of the good times with Clementine and decides to, he doesn't want this anymore and begins to fight it. With what happens in the mind hopefully can be remembered.
                                 I have watched this movie before, but just so all of you know I had to re-watch film to be sure that this would be my recommendation for this month. And I got to say that this was one of the most complexed films I've seen to date, mainly because Charlie Kaufman stated that he really doesn't use a whole lot of CGI when it comes to his movies but some of the shots in the movie, I believe they had to, in some cases. But behind the whole complexities of making a film like this, there a real theme to be learned in life that I think everyone needs learn from, and that's basically sure we've all had those moments in life where we want to forget the person that hurt us but you can't think of always the bad stuff you always got to remember the good times you had with that person even if they didn't go the way you think. Furthermore, that's in important lesson to learn, and not even Nicholas Sparks or any dumb Hallmark movie would ever use because let's face it their films would just have the same Romeo and Juliet type cliché in which they don't learn a lesson at all. Jim Carrey has always through the course of his career proved that he can do drama and not just be a comedic actor his whole life and this film I believe this is one of his finest works since the Truman Show, and I'll say it many times if I have to he really does a fantastic job showing his emotions on screen and showing some of his comedic side especially in some of the more trippy scenes where he's trying to hid in the courses of his mind, furthermore yes the man now has lost his bonkers, but deep down some of his drama made films, he really does an exceptional job and though the man never won in Oscar for any of his roles but let’s face it the Oscars are a popularity contest so deep down, WHO CARES. I really don't have much of a whole lot to say about Kate Winslet other than this is probably the only good movie I liked her in for many reason's it has been quite a while since I've seen Titanic and if I do proceed to watch it I might have a different reaction just like Avatar so I think its best I keep it that way till I kind of feel like it. The supporting cast of character's I give huge props for are Frodo aka Elijah Wood and Tom Wilkinson for the reason that, their characters are just horrible people in this movie, for example they both take advantage for the women throughout the movie moreover while watching this I was actually thinking if there was a moment in Middle Earth were Sam walked in on Frodo banging a female hobbit (maybe Sam's girl he's been eyeing through the trilogy) and Sam was asking what's going on here Frodo says he bang her, Sam reply's "you’re supposed to talk to her not have sex with her" then Frodo reply's okay well I did talk to her, then she told me to jug this big glass of tequila/ale, and then she told me to have sex with her". And then Sam and Frodo get into a brawl, okay so I'm sorry for that thought but I just wanted to share that with you because I can moreover, I'm always by myself sometimes and weird thoughts pop in. Okay, so all seriousness a side this is one of the many films I rank as one of the best Romantic/Drama/Comedies of all time moreover Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind I'd rank in the top three of all time as well. Both Carrey and Winslet have great chemistry together, on screen the supporting cast are also fantastic as well moreover the best visual effects and directing I've ever seen in a romantic film. So to all the couples out there if you’re having a hard time finding a film to watch on Valentine's Day this would defiantly be the peacemaker, and if you’re bored moreover single like I am, this I guess would be a film to watch on a movie night but I leave that up to the single's out there. And closing Happy Valentine's Day.
 
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment