Monday, January 3, 2022

Don't Bother to Knock

 













                                Happy New Year everyone, it’s that time of year to defecate on 2021 and piss on 2020's grave until there's no plants will ever grow. So, for better for worse let’s all hope that 2022 is going to be a s**t show as the last two years were, speaking of hope I've just watched a great film that envigored my hope for greatness in films. But more importantly made me realized what a great actress Marilyn Monroe was, but will get to that later. Watching this film, I must admit I didn't know what I was going to be expecting holy crap this film alone put me on the edge of my couch until the final frame. So hopefully to start off this New Year while watching the St. Louis Blues beat the Minnesota Wild in the NHL Winter Classic, let’s talk about Don't Bother to Knock for which I hope this is a lesson to all guys out there don't get mixed up with beautiful women, because you don't know how crazy they can become especially if that beautiful woman was Marilyn Monroe.
                                 Pilot Jed Towers (Richard Widmark) encounters the beautiful Nell Forbes (Marilyn Monroe) while staying at a hotel in New York City. Jed pursues Nell, initially thinking she's a woman of means, but comes to learn that she's a babysitter when her child charge, Bunny Jones (Donna Corcoran), interrupts a conversation between the two. Soon Jed becomes worried about Nell's mental stability when it appears the woman is physically threatening Bunny.
                                 I found this on Hulu technically, but the channel Turner Classic Movies released a Guillermo del Toro picks to promote his latest thriller Nightmare Ally. And some of the films he picked were of course film noir type films furthermore one's I was familiar with, Laura for example and also Niagara another film the Marilyn Monroe was it but this film Don't Bother to Knock I was like "well why not give this movie a chance, can't hurt". Now after watching this great film I totally forgot how great of an actress Marilyn Monroe was, and sure all of America publicized her as this drop-dead gorgeous blond that every guy wanted to be with including Yankee great Joe DiMaggio and JFK. But deep down this woman knows how to act and does a tremendous job playing that femme fatale that's beautiful but also scary at the same time, and I'm not kidding when I say it that yes I wish I was Richard Widmark but I also didn't want to be, because of how terrifying Monroe was. Speaking of Richard Widmark, I thought as an actor he did a great job playing the anti-hero of the film who really doesn't care much, has in anger problem but begins to care when there's a kid involved via being taken care of by a crazy person. Because as we all know when it comes to film noir genre there's no such thing as a hero only the anti-hero's, moreover that's why I'm starting to have a great love for this genre for many reasons I love the fact that there's no hero involved and there's no happy ending and in all honesty if your trying to find something new to write film noir's are always a great thing to watch if your ever in a writer's block. So, to start of this hopefully good year of 2022 I would highly recommend watching Don't Bother to Knock because this is a great suspense film from start to finish and it also reminds you how great of an actress Marilyn Monroe was back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment