Friday, January 7, 2022

Ghostbusters The Video Game: Replay Review

 












                            I told people all over the world in my last review of Ghostbusters Afterlife that I would be playing the 2009 hit video game, Ghostbusters: The Video Game and this was an amazing decision I've ever made as a Ghostbusters fan. In a fair retrospect, this was technically the third installment to the Ghostbusters series, for many reasons its set two years after the events of the second film. When I first heard about the game it was watching the trailer on YouTube and after finishing the trailer, I was like say know more here's my money and take it. I'm sure there's been a lot of Ghostbuster video games throughout the years, but I can honestly say that this is and still is the greatest Ghostbusters video game of all time. For many reasons it’s a sequel base to the first two original films and it has the original greats voicing these beloved characters such as Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, and the late Harold Ramis. For which makes the game even better. So, let start talking more about what makes this game so great.
                            Set two years after the events of Ghostbusters 2 the Ghostbusters gang hire a new blood to help with Ghostbusters operations, unfortunately happens at the worst times when a PSI pulse emanates from the Gozer exhibits at the Museum of Natural History. For which spawns a vast number of Ghosts, including the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. Learning that this has something to do with Gozer or the spirit of Ivo Shandor. With time running out of control they begin upgrade to new proton packs and kicks some ghost butts from kingdoms come.
                            What really makes this game amazing and I'll say it again to confirm it, but what makes this game amazing to play is that you’re playing this new blood type character furthermore having the original cast of Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and the late great Harold Ramis, for which makes it amazing because you get to live out your childhood dream catching ghosts with the original Ghostbusters gang, for which makes it even better especially when making that happen in the video game world. And what makes it even better is that both Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis writing the script for the game, which you really don't see that when it comes to games having Hollywood actors write scripts for video games. What also makes the game great is that they do a lot of things that they really couldn't do in the movies especially when it comes to the Proton Pack where they upgrade a lot of things to it like the Slime system that they used in Ghostbusters 2 and especially the slow/frozen stream to catch ghosts with. I do wish they included Sigourney Weaver in the game, for many reasons she was Bill's love interest and it makes a lot sense than Alyssa Milano (who was in Charmed) but I guess it is what it is, can't always get what you want. Even the ghost I thought were fantastic especially when some of them were a different kind of ghost where you can fight with or capture it at the same time. There were some scary moments in the game as well especially one sequence where I'm investigating a spider-woman like killer with Egon and it just felt too terrifying that I wanted desperately to not play that level but had no choice, now replaying it I have to admit it wasn't all scary but I did jump out of my skin a couple of times. I have to say replaying this game brought back some great memories where I did nothing but replay this great game so many times, now I'm probably going to do that again unfortunately I have other video games to work on playing but I'll still work the time in playing a level or two. I've said it before and will say it again, the Ghostbusters video game is the greatest game of all time in terms of Ghostbusters games it’s easy to play and you'll spend all day and all night playing it. So, if you have a PS4 because there probably no question anyone has PS3 by now I would highly recommend playing this great game if you’re a Ghostbusters fan.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment