Thursday, January 13, 2022

10 Year Anniversary of Sucker Punch

 

















                                     Ladies and gentlemen, this was one of the two films that I remember seeing in the theaters back in 2011 and this was one of the many movies I was avoiding talking about for the last 12 months. And now after finally finishing the second half of the movie I guess it finally time to talk about the movie I declare as one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life, although the other one is Gone with the Wind. But, well I will need to talk about that movie because it’s been so long, I need to talk about it through blog review, because in all honesty I kind of look at all of you who read my review as people who'd understand. Okay so, back to this garbage I can honestly remember seeing the trailer to 300 and remembering how awesome this film was then getting to know Zack Snyder via the interviews he was promoting moreover hearing that Star Wars changed his life, which me I was like "finally someone I can see as a down to earth guy", then along came Watchman, for which I thought was again amazing. And then came the year where I began to question the creativity behind Zack Snyder and that movie was Sucker Punch. I do admit when this film was released, I was a little on the intrigued, but didn't want to have that level of doubt though when going to the movie in the theater I will confirm that I was confused and didn't know what to think. Now watching the movie, I will say that this was just pure garbage that included a cast that's in their early to mid-twenty's wearing nothing but skimpy clothes along with a 45-year-old director at the time directing them. It's almost as if the late Hugh Hefner was directing his first ever playboy movie only, they're in their playboy bunny outfits. So, enough talk let try and explain this disastrous film, or if we can really call it that.
                                    Basic premise of what the film is about or if you can call it a basic premise. Is that the film is basically a Alice in Wonderland knock off but with girls with machine guns also a mixture of Moulin Rouge.
                                     What's really the hardest part was really having to sit through the movie knowing how bad it is and yet not wanting to except that reality, through the course of the film I just wanted to scream so badly in terms of what was going on or what is happening especially when it comes to the acting where it just hurts in so many levels. I even had to stop watching it because of how much pain I was enduring moreover feeling the cringe of young adults trying to seduce older men, that's how much it was killing me inside. Here's the hardest truth there really wasn't a story to begin with it, the whole film was nothing but concepts and ideas that's it, no story, or any type of character arc that we as in audience member can understand nor relate with the character. The more baffling thing that even I can find out to this day is how was Snyder able to convince Warner Brothers when it came to pitching this idea, because I would imagine that all those producers and head of studio would most certainly be brain dead when it came to green lighting the movie. Of all actors I feel bad for was Jon Hamm and he's barely in the movie furthermore feel so bad for the poor guy for many reasons, he never gets a brake when it comes to work and yet in this movie, he gets to reprise his role as Don Draper. Speaking of actors and actresses everyone in this garbage packed movie (except for Hamm because he at least gets in out of jail free card) is just downright horrible Emily Browning, all I can say for her is that she was in one movie with Tom Hardy for which I liked, and that was pretty much it. Vanessa Hudgens I can't really say anything positive because she's in so much crap and let’s not forget she plays a girl named Blondie despite the fact that her character isn't blonde Jamie Chung is famous for being in the MTV reality show, The Real World so I don't know how, but honestly there is hope that some MTV'ers can transition to being an actress I guess, though in all honesty I don't care because I do recall another Real World star now being a professional wrestler (fingers crossed behind my back). Jena Malone, uh well I guess the Hunger Games sequels so I'm going to at least stop there. Abbie Cornish who’s in the film is not great, but at least she has some success now, besides the other three main girls via being in both of Martin McDonagh's films and playing the love interest to John Krasinski in the Amazon show Jack Ryan (which reminds me I need to get back into that show), so on the positive side I'm glad she at least has success now after having been in this film. A guy I know once told me that when you watch it just turn the volume down, which I know what he meant, but in all honestly, I don't believe that can ever help this movie for many reasons once you watch this film all the way through with the volume on there's no escaping the cringes of this movie, there's just no going back. So, to all the dudes out there, I'm only going to say this once and please heed my words, just stay away from this movie, just don't make any attempt in seeing this and walk away. 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment