Thursday, December 23, 2021

December Recommendation: Fatman

 















                                Just two days till Christmas and the time has come to reveal my Christmas present to the world. Now technically, this is a Christmas present for myself but the movie I'm recommending is the crème de le crème of Christmas movies that this needs to be seen, for the whole world. The film I'm giving as in early Christmas present is Fatman, starring Mel Gibson as Santa Clause aka Chris Cringle, now you may think to yourself isn't this the same Mel Gibson that made so many phone calls to his ex-wife and threw racial slurs as well. You're obviously not wrong if that's what you’re thinking in the top of your head, but in all honesty this was the movie we're he redeems himself moreover I would rank this as one of the top five best performances of his entire career. So, lets break out the fireball egg nog and let’s talk about Fatman.
                                The story is very simple. Santa (Mel Gibson) is being forced to work with the U.S. Government to secure his workshop because of the rising number of kids being extremely naughty. After a spoiled 12-year-old kid gets a lump of coal for Christmas, he hires an assassin (Walter Goggins) to kill Santa Clause. Moreover, I'll let your imagination do the math.
                                In the recalling of many Christmas films over the years it’s pretty much the same concept either it’s the retelling of baby Jesus or every story of a family trying to get by on Christmas but admits the frustrations they come together as a family furthermore let’s not forget the many Hallmark movies that come out every Christmas season. And sure, its fine and dandy but there comes a time when I just want something new and different, though sure Die Hard is a different kind of Christmas film but Fatman is a new kind of retelling, to the legend of St. Nick. What I like about the story is that Santa is your everyday citizen, when he's outside of his workshop and you never know who he really is, mainly he's just and everyday person but when he's back at his shop he's Santa Clause whose frustrated about the world, in short kind of reminds of my Dad, but a great summary he's the Santa Clause that we've never seen before and that's what makes his performance great. Then you also have Walter Goggin's a great character actor that is both funny and strangely scary at the same time. Chance Hurstfield who plays the spoiled kid also does a great job playing the most snobbish brat that you want to smack around but you can't and at the end it's what makes it even amazing. Now I don't want to carry on because I'm afraid to spoil the movie, but this is the Christmas movie I've been looking for my whole life and I'm so glad to recommend this movie moreover I strongly doubt I can top a Christmas movie like Fatman. And I'll make this apology towards the late Jimmy Stewart, but It's a Wonderful Life has just be dethroned as best Christmas movie in my book, though not to say that it's still one of the greatest movies of all time for which it’s still is but as of right now Fatman is officially my go to Christmas movie for every time December hits. So, if you're like me who’s tired of the Christmas movies of old than I highly recommend watching Fatman on Christmas Day. Now if you'll excuse me, I going to re-watch this movie again until I'm tired of it. For Which I will never be. And Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment