Thursday, December 2, 2021

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

 















                        This was one of the many times that I really didn't want to see a movie that brought back great childhood memories, unfortunately I was told from a source that I needed to watch Ghostbusters Afterlife and as much as I didn't want to I went to the film anyway. But I will officially say that this one in amazing fun ride of nostalgia and brought back a great time of being a kid. Moreover, I will go ahead and state that this is the far better and superior sequel than the one movie that will not be named. Starring a few actors I don't know too much of besides Paul Rudd and some surprising, aw you know what screw it I can't keep this a secret Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson return as the original Ghostbusters who help the up and coming Ghostbusters along with Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver, along with a special appearance of the late great Harold Ramis. Oh, and sorry not sorry because I can't contain the excitement of watching a movie that helped me relive my childhood.
                        When a single mother and her two children move to a new town, they soon discover they have a connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.
                         Now I had my doubts of this movie I wasn't going to lie, believe me I was literally throwing a small temper tantrum in not wanting to see this all because of a one film that again should not be named (all female Ghostbusters, which included a female version of Chris Farley). Although I now say that this was hands down one of the most entertaining movies I ever had the privileges' to watch at a movie theater, it was one of those films that introduced you to a new  brand of characters and guided you all the way through, to one of the greatest reveals in cinema history. I love the fact that Paul Rudd wasn't a ghostbuster the way people came to believe in terms of the promotion was or how the trailer and previews that we're give you a sort of convincing nod to, because deep down it would of just been silly in some ways. But what makes the movie great was that you have a group of kids with different background but come together in helping stop the forces of evil. Jason Reitman who is the son of Ivan Reitman, did such a fantastic job in making this film not just a sequel to the past Ghostbuster films but more of a love letter to all of the fans the grew up and watched the original films day in and day out, and I'm grateful he played a great tribute to the late Harold Ramis furthermore I don't think there could of been anyone in the world that would bring this film to life. In all honesty there's really not a whole lot to say because let’s face anyone whose watched this film like I have would know that the ending was amazing to witness and some of the newcomers also did their part in making this film great. So, if you’re a Ghostbusters fan like I am I would highly recommend finding a movie theater and watching Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bring my PS3 out and play Ghostbusters: The Video Game.  
   
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment