Friday, August 20, 2021

August Recommendation: The Little Things

 













                                This little film I'm recommending for the month of August, is in all honesty a different take on the homicidal mystery, though to be fair the film itself does take a predictability when it comes to whose the killer and whose not the killer, and sure you're going to be unknown in terms of your emotions, but deep down The Little Things is a nice and different look when it comes to homicide cops. Staring Academy Award winner Denzel Washington in one of his few roles where he actually looks the part when it comes to age difference, along with other Academy Award winners such as Rami Malek and Jared Leto who'd you'd think might be the prime suspects but as I said before you may think but you don't know, knowing is not at all half the battle in truthfulness.
                                 Deputy Sheriff Joe "Deke" Deacon (Denzel Washington) joins forces with Sgt. Jim Baxter (Rami Malek) to search for Serial Killer whose terrorizing Los Angeles. As they track the culprit, Baxter is unaware that the investigation is dredging up echoes of Deke's past, uncovering disturbing secrets that could threaten more than his case.
                                  I believe most of the murder mystery films I've seen are always somewhat of the buddy cop movie, some are usually the ones where the cop solves the case but isn't the same person anymore, or the ones where it's both a murder mystery but with a gangster twist in the mix. This one feels more like a cop film with a mix of PTSD, and having a hard grasp towards the madness of murder, and honestly what I like about the film is that it shows a much more different twist instead of the usual ending or scenario's when it comes to murder mystery genre. This is probably the first time in a while I've seen Denzel acting in his realistic age, meaning he looks the part of his character in this film and as always, he's still amazing when it comes to acting on screen. Both Rami Malek and Jared Leto are both great as well I think as some thought, I assumed that one of them were the killer because each of them looks so creepy and weird but luckily my prediction wasn't all truth. I will admit by the end of the movie I didn't know what my emotions were telling me to feel but after a brief discussion, I admit this was a great character/actor driven film where the main attraction are the ones carrying the movie together so if your trying to find a good movie to watch on a certain movie night then I would defiantly check this movie out on HBO Max furthermore, promise you'll not be disappointed.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment