Monday, August 16, 2021

The Room

 









                            

                           You know what make YouTube the greatest thing on earth? Because it’s the only thing ever where you can find a movie like this, for which I'm talking about Tommy Wiseau's The Room. And I had to admit I was a bit worried about how I was going to take this moreover I did felt scared in watching the movie as well, but then once I watched the first fifteen minutes of the film, it surprisingly wasn't all bad, I mean sure this movie was no doubt bad on so many levels but it was more like mesmerizingly bad more like I thought of myself as a scientist or a psychiatrist and am curious in studying Wiseau's brain while he's still alive talking and yet I'm still haven't got answers in the end. Though I'm going to say this before I begin to talk about the movie, when you think about the movie and all of its un-natural flaws, you have to look at this poster that's on here and think to yourself "okay I understand him now". For many reasons, that face alone explains a thousand words all together, either that man couldn't get enough money to create a more reasonable image to promote the film or he'd really thought he was super awesome and decided to promote the film with just his face on the cover, but before he was able to do that, got really wasted furthermore came in late and looked like s**t moreover just looked at the photograph and said "It works".  So that's my two cents on the poster because while I'm typing this review, I just can't stop looking at it, it's just so mesmerizing. But on a serious note let’s talk about this infamous bad movie that everyone considers the worst movie ever made?
                            The way I can describe the movie is that it’s basically a over-dramatic soap opera, in which the story centers around a love triangle, in which a woman deceives two best friends into hating each other so she can get what she wants in the end, which is all I can say hell I don't know I'm no Shakespeare.
                           Okay so back to what I was saying about this film being not all bad, when I said it not being all bad what I meant to say that this wasn't really the worst I've ever seen in my whole life but let’s be frank I've seen a lot of crap from movies like Roller Gator, Fifty Shades of Grey, Gone with the Wind, Blade Runner 2049 and I'm just going to throw this in for s**t's and giggle's, J.J. Abrams Star Wars Trilogy 7-9. And honestly that's just the cherry topper there's other bad movies I can name unfortunately I really don't have the time, this movie alone is just bewildering bad that I was just so confused of what is going on from the story and what the characters are thinking, moreover getting some giggles out of the over the top dramatic moments. But also while watching this film I already had certain moments of how I wanted to fix this movie despite the fact that this film was already made, like why don't Lisa blackmail Mark into forcing him to have sex with her so she can do whatever the hell she wants, plus being a crazy woman, or why couldn't there be a twist at the end of Mark just having enough of this madness and telling Johnny that Lisa forced him into having sex so that way he can expose how crazy of a monster she is, see PROBLEM SOLVED. Unfortunately, this film is already made so really it doesn't matter. Now I've did my research and heard a lot of tales prior to looking up the Disaster Artist on Wikipedia, and I would think yeah it does make sense in terms of what was going on set, moreover Wiseau's egotism exploding  every day while shooting the movie or the fact that he didn't give a script to any of his own cast as well, or that everyone realized that the film itself wasn't going to see the light of day so that's the why everyone didn't give a hundred percent performance, which makes sense but deep down what was more fascinating was that Wiseau thinking that he was awesome and that he was making in his mind the greatest movie of all time, when clearly it shows that he didn't know how to make a movie, though if your trying to make your first movie happen you need to understand a few things, starting with you don't know anything all you have to do is make the best movie you can make, be the caption of the movie set even lead your troops into battle and most importantly be reasonable to your actors in terms of giving them what they and not giving them what they want, but to really sum it all up you need to be the leader every day of your life if you want to make your first film moreover your entire future. Which in all honesty reminds me of a interview I watched of Matt Hannon aka Samurai Cop where he talks about the time he was on set with director Amir Shervan and Hannon states in his own words of how miserable it was to work with Shervan moreover how he himself didn't give a hundred percent performance in the film but yet Amir put it on camera. Bottom line this film isn't the worst I've seen even though the film is bad is just not the worst thing I've seen, but the film really needs to be seen as a lesson tool for any eager filmmaker or writer that wants to make it big, because what this film provides, is an ego check to the very soul of that person who leads. I do say that once this insanity is over Dr. Fauci needs to do in experiment on the human mind of bad filmmakers like Neil Breen Uwe Boll and Michael Bay on why they are and what made them this way.   
                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment