Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Mandalorian

 





                  With the calamity that was once Episodes VII, VIII, and IX of Star Wars. I believe it's finally a nice thing to have a show like The Mandalorian that gives us a nice value and touch of the Original Trilogy of Star Wars. And yes I know that season two of the Mandalorian has pasted but I don't care because I'm officially doing a special tribute to the greatest Star Wars show that ever lived, and most importantly the only reason to subscribe to Disney+ furthermore as we all know by now is that if you’re a Star Wars fan is to get Disney+, and The Simpsons also let’s not forget the Simpsons. Now if you haven't seen The Mandalorian then shame on you because you have failed miserably at life, because this is going to be in all out, special tribute to the Mandalorian.
SEASON 1
The first season of the Mandalorian I view it as a more of a simple show, that the Execs can look at and give a green light too. On what we see in all new storyline we can expand through the course of the Star Wars universe furthermore introduce new characters and different worlds for which is what you should always do when it comes to Star Wars and thank God, we have both Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to bring this amazing show to life. What really makes The Mandalorian amazing is that we're focusing not a Jedi, a smuggler or a Republic but more of the most underappreciative characters The Mandalorians whom one of the protagonist is a Bounty Hunter, and really that's a nice way to start a show because as a Star Wars fan myself I always loved Boba Fett (and of course Jango Fett, despite his short introduction) furthermore I was always intrigued of this character whose mysterious and yet cool at the same time. So, with introducing a whole new Mandalorian/bounty hunter I was sold on it the first time I saw the trailer. Moreover on what makes the story and show so compelling is that it’s about a Hunter who lives by a code of honor and suddenly has a change of heart when the bounty he's hunting just happens to be a child (Baby Yoda), for which brings amazing aspect of being able to see the emotions through Mando's helmet in which the voice and somewhat physical appearance of the Mandalorian Pedro Pascal did an amazing job at expressing it while not being on screen. Even the list of actors do a fantastic job as well such as Carl Weathers because let’s face it the man is great in almost everything he does a side from the many memes I've seen where he transitions to Apollo Creed, now I know I'm going to be in the minor because there so called stories about some dumb controversial tweets or rumors, but I loved Gina Carano performance as Cara Dune, I confident in pointing out that she does a fantastic job playing great with her emotions on screen and she still continues to do that throughout season 2, moreover does a great job as always incorporating some of her fighting background with some of the action sequences. Giancarlo Esposito does a fantastic job as always playing the main antagonist of the show, and if I may say he really knows how to play evil in the best way possible, although I wouldn't want to find out why because he may or may not be evil for personal reasons either way I don't want to know how he does it perfectly. I do love the variety of directors they use through the course of the episodes, a side from Favreau and Filoni, but they also use such great talents like Brice Dallas Howard (who surprisingly a great job directing, guessing God given talent coming from her dad aka Ron Howard) and Taika Waititi as well. So, in closing of season 1, in terms of comparisons I don't believe there needs to be any, because this season was supposed to be introducing Mando's world moreover introducing the very western/science fiction aspect of Star Wars that we all know and love.
SEASON 2
The second season of the Mandalorian, we get to see a much broader view of Mando and Grogu's journey and introduce ourselves some recognizable characters and some iconic characters aka BOBA FETT but will get to that portion later. What I loved most about season 2 is that we get to see a much broader father and son bond between Mando and Grogu get a more sense of danger when they continue their journey moreover feel a sense of sadness that this may be the last time, they see each other. Furthermore, I do love the bond they have for one another especially in scenes when it becomes funny as well. Now with this season I do love the fact that we get to see some recognizable character we've seen through the course of both Clone Wars and Rebels most notably Bo Katan and Ashoka Tano, for which Ashoka helps develop the essence of Mando moreover helping him be a good man also a good father figure to Grogu. And I know, that I'm clearly in the minority on this topic but I thought Rosario Dawson did a fantastic job bringing Ashoka to life moreover really embodied the likeness moreover the physicality when it comes to the fighting and emotions when talking about her past. Anyway, back to my other topic Bo Katan helps Mando show him things, he wasn't aware of his whole life moreover reveals things even his clan never told him outside of the galaxy nor any tribes of Mandalorians. Okay now I've waited long enough, LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME BOBA FETT'S RETURN WAS AND THE FACT THAT HE'S GETTING HIS OWN SHOW AS WE ALL HOPED HE WOULD. What also makes Boba Fett's return amazing is the fact that we all know of his origins takes to the Prequals (SUCK IT HATERS), also the fact that former Star Wars actor returns to play Boba aka Temuera Morrison, although the late Jeromy Bulloch will always be the Original Boba Fett, Morrison will always be essence of Boba Fett moreover the great one liners as well and yes I'm defiantly one of those people that is looking forward to the Boba Fett show coming in twelve months from now so make sure everyone you get your calendars ready. Now I should say all the amazing things about the fact that Mark Hamill aka Luke Skywalker makes and amazing Emmy award winning cameo appearance but, ah screw it that whole fight between the Dark Troopers was just amazing on so many levels I can barely pronounce my words right, and I don't care if his appearance was CGI because one I'm not a hater and two, it made me happy in ways you can't even imagine, so once again to all overdramatic haters out there I say to you SUCK ON IT, SUCK IT LONG AND SUCK IT HARD. So once again The Mandalorian is hands down the greatest show every created in the Star Wars Universe I truly believe this is something that even George Lucas can be proud of moreover this is without a doubt the greatest space western out there so if you’re feeling bored and in the other stuff Disney+ has it's okay to go back and re-watch season's one through two. So, listen if you’re feeling you don't want to use Disney+ because you’re an adult. Well you probably have children and you have no choice but on the bright side you'll have countless Star Wars shows to binge watch on so now worries.
            So please to everyone if you’re a Star Wars Fan I would highly recommend this show, again greatest show of the twenty-first century right behind The Boys so if you’re a true Star Wars maniac like me then The Mandalorian would be a show for you. And always remember, "This is the Way". 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment