Wednesday, January 13, 2021

John Wick

 














                                   I wasn't really intrigue in wanting to watch John Wick when it first came out mainly because I'm a dog person and I'm not really big in seeing dogs getting killed, so there I said it moreover sue me all you like because I'm the only normal human being out there that cried to Where the Red Fern grows, moreover had a few dogs in my life died so SUCK IT. But with some assistance and assurance that I wouldn't see the dog killing scene, I must say that this without a doubt the most amazing action film I've seen in a long time, moreover a film where they do an amazing job making the protagonist of a film a scary person you'd ever want to cross. And I'm not joking hear after seeing the second Wick film and this one as well, I now officially am never going to make fun of Keanu Reeves acting career ever again, although I don't have any interest in seeing Bill and Ted 3, but I'm still not going to make fun of the man's filmography for many reason's I've seen what he can do in the films and I'm afraid that he's going to come to my apartment and deflate my balls and feed them to his dog. Moreover, I'm just going to leave it at that.

                                   After his wife dies, super assassin, John Wick (Keanu Reeves) receives a parting gift from his wife of a small puppy so he can mourn his wife un-alone. Until a group of house raiders led by a former Russian mobster's son steals his car and kills his puppy. Wick comes out of retirement to take revenge on them setting the course of more than five moves as far as I can see.

                                   Now a side from the puppy being killed for which I believe they don't show it. This is hands down one of the smartest and yet well-crafted action movies ever created. I mean for anyone who wants to make a Batman film, this would defiantly be one of those movies to be influenced by. What I love most about this film is that they took a good time to make the character of John Wick as a scary human being like someone you don't want to meet up in a back ally, which basically him and Batman would be one of those people you would be terrified to meet basically. Although when you come to think about it, that would be amazing to have a team up movie of Batman and John Wick if we can make that happen, hell even I would picture it right now and it would be amazing, in fact I may ponder into writing a screenplay idea for that whole concept, or I guess that would be Deathstroke and Batman when you think about it. Keanu actually does a spectacular job playing a man whose both has compassion but when he is screwed over, he just becomes the destroyer of worlds like even Thanos after destroying half of the planet he finds out he killed his dog and is in sheer terror the moment Wick comes in his door, even the mobster Viggo is scared of him as well when he tells the story about Wick which is amazing, so props Reeves in making this iconic character we all know and love as of now. There's really nothing to say about the action sequences for many reasons they just speak for themselves, like the action sequences are something that just pushes your blood pressure to the max, I mean no doubt you don't need a Rockstar energy drink to watch this because you'd probably go up and down on your own couch yelling at the TV like it was a football game and then the ending you'd probably just smash your own television just for the fun of it. It's hilarious of all the female baddies they chosen Adrianne Palicki to fight Keanu Reeves and to be honest when you’re in a terrible show like Friday Night Lights yeah, you obviously need some work so at least it's sort of a good thing a side from the fact that it really doesn't go well. So, granted I haven't seen a whole lot of Keanu Reeves films but John Wick one and two along with The Matrix would defiantly be in the top three films in my viewpoint when it comes to Keanu Reeves, so if you’re looking for something epic or something to keep you up this would be a film for you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment