Friday, August 30, 2024

Alien: Romulus

 











                                Last week were hands down probably the roughest weeks I had to endure, especially when it comes to working at a small Television station in the middle of nowhere. And the weekend I still was a little in the mixed of mad and anxiety kicking in so, in my randomness of ideas I decided to ask both my brother and his ex if I can take three of their kids to see a movie, though I took one out of the three kids with me of all movies I decided to take my nephew with it's the latest Alien movie, Alien: Romulus. Granted I can admit I'm being a terrible uncle when it comes to taking my nieces or nephew to movies like this though I'm going to leave that for God to decide when I meet him. Back to Alien was another one of those movies that I wanted to watch because I love Alien movies, and I know what it's going to have but it was another one of those films I wanted to see this year in the theaters.
                                Space colonizers come face to face with the most terrorizing life-form in the universe while scavenging the deep ends of a derelict space station.
                                The thing that put a smile on my face once I sat down in the theaters in watching the movie was not the Alien or the facehuggers but that we open the movie with 70's Sci-Fi technology turning on and that literally put a smile on my face because I never pegged any director to do that in today’s movie remakes or reinvention. From Prometheus to Alien: Covenant I've pretty much seen every recent Alien movie in the theaters, and I've always had a blast with them, I always was drawn to the horrors that was the Alien universe I mean deep down I always enjoyed them never thought they would be as great as the first two Alien films. And in all honesty, I was sold in one teaser trailer of the film and remember seeing all the facehuggers chasing after the crew members and I was sold right from the beginning knowing I needed to see the movie. Granted all the recent Alien movies pay enormous tribute furthermore they always have the same premise of evil corporations SOS distress calls or really anything that involves androids wanting to create life or destroy life basically all same plot points of the first two films so, why go to these recent Alien movies especially when there's a grand total of six maybe seven? And really the answer is simple the Alien or the Xenomorph is this creature that has the instincts of a bee where they need to breed on human life to survive as well as, it has no remorse moreover you can't reason with it. So, that's why Xenomorph or Alien is hands down one of the scariest movie monsters in all of cinema history. Fede Alvarez who directed another horror classic Don't Breathe (now if you haven't seen that film go check it out) and he does a fantastic job paying tribute to both Alien and Aliens but more importantly does a great job in building tension and suspense through the course of the movie in which really that's basically why I've been enjoying with the recent Alien films is each director as of now is basically trying to bring out what way you can scare the audience as well as finding other ways to have what I like to call WTF moments and really it's not just the Alien that gets the screen time but the facehuggers get screen time as well especially my favorite scene where it's a game of playing cool and quiet so you won't attract the facehuggers which is great. Hands down this was one of the most exciting and entertaining movies I've seen this year along with Ungentlemanly Warfare, and if you are a big fan of the Alien franchise as well as love the suspense and claustrophobia then I would highly recommend watching Alien: Romulus while it's still out in theaters.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment