Monday, August 19, 2024

Boy kills World

 














                                    I remember seeing a trailer to this movie thinking that this could be intriguing consisting that Archer's voice aka H. Jon Benjamin is providing the voice of a boy who goes off on a revenge rampage. Which sure when you think about it sure it's basically every revenge film you know and watched, but really it was just Archer's voice in the movie which piqued my interest, luckily, I found a copy of the movie on Blu-Ray and I for some reason have mixed feelings. Staring Bill Skarsgard in his first action movie where he's not portraying a creepy clown, and Jessica Rothe who’s famous for the Happy Death Day movies. And finally, Sam Rami produced this movie going back to his days when he was making nothing but weird and twisted horror movies.
                                    Boy is a mayhem machine who's been training to assassinate the bloodthirsty Hilda Van Der Koy and avenge his family's murder; guided by his sister's mischievous spirit, Boy uncovers one stunning revelation after another as he barrels towards Hilda. 
                                    Writer/Director Mortiz Mohr pitched Boy Kills World with a short and previsualization reel to Sam Raimi and Roy Lee, of Raimi Productions and Vertigo Entertainment respectively, who were impressed and subsequently agreed to produce alongside Nithibah Pictures and Hammerstone Studios. I think it's safe to say that this movie with so much potential at first but then comes crashing down after watching the very end of the movie, though there was a big reason but will get to that later. I mean the movie has its moments mainly coming from H. Jon Benjamin's performance as the narrator of the film and Bill Skarsgard going with the flow, and really what I love about Benjamin's performance is that he basically a man/child voice just like his performance in the long running series Archer furthermore when you have H. Jon's narration as well as Skarsgard's acting is the most hilarious and funny parts of the film though really that's basically it. And really the action sequences are great some of the stuff they developed was pretty cool for an action movie but then when I got to what is supposed to be the climax of the film I get this bizarre twist for which I'm not sure I was more not wanting as to not surprised at the same time and for which this is another one of those films that sure it has the cliché revenge story but when you see the twist it just shuts me out through the end of the movie which I guess it's usual especially when you've seen enough movies as I have. If you're a fan of action movies like I am, I would most certainly recommend watching Boy Kills World but truth be warned for the rest of the world you may feel like you've seen this movie and if the plot twist throws you off I can't say that I warned you about these things and you didn't listen, for which I hope you do listen to me and avoid watching Boy Kills World.  
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment