Thursday, May 2, 2024

God of War: Ragnarok


 






                                 Praise be to the Good Lord himself, I finally finished playing God of War: Ragnarök though I didn't finish all of it since the latest DLC came out. But deep down I decided to call it good, mainly it was a matter of how far I can go in terms to push myself to the limit and really it was wearing me out because even I was just having my a** handed to me at times and it was like "Okay I'm officially calling it good". And although I finished the game as best I could, I still look at this as one of the greatest modern video games of all time, and more importantly one of the cinematic masterpieces in video game history.
                                 The thing about what makes these latest God of War games special is that they really focus on the human side of Kratos really shows the struggles he faces through the course of the story moreover focuses on the relationship between his son and friends and although there moments of tragedy but it's also getting to feel more for Kratos as not just a God but more importantly a human being and a father at the same time. For which is a new story line to really appreciate, even though it does become slow at first in the 2018 game but when you play Ragnarök you really become struck at the father and son dynamic but is also a great thing to witness as a gamer mainly because when you've played the original God of War games, they were simply just a demi-god who reached the point of madness and decided to become death the destroyer of words and I wasn't going to lie when after finishing God of War III and seeing the secret ending I was like well how is this going to turn out because I really thought this was just past it's prime, but years and years now and even after the fourth game the way the creators are able to transform the game alone is just amazing and even more better than the original but in all fairness they're separate games because each of them are great in their own right but each of them have the puzzle and action adventure while the other has the open world and action adventure at the same time so, deep down both Greek God of War and Viking God of War are great but very different in their own right. Another great example of how different both Greek and Viking God of War games are is that these games you have to simply upgrade your armor because if you don't then you're in danger of getting killed by much stronger adversaries, and I played the game on EASY mode and yet one side mission I'm having a hard time getting beat by one of my adversaries and it goes on and on and to tell you the truth that was at that moment when I decided to just like hurry up with the game and get it over with because yeah even trying to accomplish all of the side missions just ware me out, so if you're ever wanting to play any of the Norse God of War games probably play the side missions later or if some you can handle probably just work on those and due the rest latter. All that said this was one of the most fun and exciting games I've ever played, without a doubt one of the best God of War games yet and I can say that because I've lived through the God of War universe. So, if you're a fan of Play Station I would highly recommend playing both God of War: Ragnarök on both PS4 and PS5. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment