Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Mortal Kombat Deception: Replay Review

 













                              After getting some fun play time to Mortal Kombat 1, and so I thought would be a great idea for which would mostly likely be the worst mistake turned insanity deuced idea I could possibly think of, was to play one of the earlier Mortal Kombat games on the PlayStation 2. Now, before I dive deep into the insane asylum that is Mortal Kombat: Deception, I should recommend not to play this game even if you have a PlayStation 2 or feel nostalgic in even wanting to play this installment to the Mortal Kombat franchise. And even if you have that thought after reading this review of Mortal Kombat: Deception furthermore wanting to buy a PlayStation 2 and then wanting to play Mortal Kombat: Deception, I will still tell you not to travel into that world where you would most certainly lose your mind even playing the game. For many reasons the definition of insanity states is trying to fix something or situation to make it better but still haven't found the right way.
                             To explain my reasons of why you should not dive deep into the world of PS2's Mortal Kombat is not because of the gameplay in fact the gameplay is awesome, even with the Puzzle Kombat or Chess Kombat, yes there is that in the game moreover there was Motor Kombat in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, for which my guess was they were trying to compete with Nintendo Game Cube at the time. Anyway, the POINT that I'm trying to make here is, is that MK Deception was one of the first fighting games ever to force you in having to play the awful moreover maddening that is the Konquest mode of the video game itself. In fact growing up when I first was allowed to play Mortal Kombat Deception I was curious as to why a good chunk of the fighting rosters were all locked and you can't access them or select them to play, well that's because you have to play the Konquest Mode in order to unlock the rest of the MK characters in the game, for which follows the story of Shujinko and being deceived by the Dragon King, Onaga and this was the first introduction to Shujinko and his who thing is that Onaga gives him the ability to absorb all of the past characters fighting styles and special moves so through the course of the game you have to learn all of the characters moves, fighting styles and special movies and the problem which in Ed Boon's defense and his crew this was literally there first time doing a story mode to a fighting game moreover they had to do the best they can with what they had when it comes to Play Station 2 and the original Xbox, but having to do all, and learn the kombo moves is just so insanely hard to do that you have to have a good stroke of luck because no matter what you’re not going to get them within one take you have to try your best or you have to stop yourself and take a break for which I did and whenever I succeeded I raised my arms up in a victory pose, because I amazed myself that I at my old age was able to beat the game, but even when you play as Shujinko at the very end of the game, you have to win three rounds at once without you're special moves and that's just unfair moreover I completely forgot about that. And when you do finish the Konquest mode for which I did, it becomes fun again especially when you've unlocked all the characters but even before it is just a konquest of how far you’re willing to go to pull your hair out. Even reliving the konquest mode I've begun to enjoy the character of Shujinko because he reminds me a lot of Pai Mei in the movie Kill Bill Volume 2 and hopefully in futures to come I hope he gets reinvented, though for now I'm just going to have to enjoy playing the character on the Play Station 2. Now having played Mortal Kombat: Deception and accomplished unlocking all the characters in the konquest mode, I would highly recommend to all of the Mortal Kombat fans to not go back to this game and replay the story mode unless you want to make a stay insane asylum be my guest.
     
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment