Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Air

 











                                      
                                     The story of the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan signing with the Nike shoe company became the second movie I watched on my Saturday of nothing to do moreover having no interest in wanting to watching Nebraska Football. Now granted I know the story about Michael Jordan signing with Nike hell I've watched The Last Dance furthermore they gave a clear description of how Nike was not the shoe of the early eighties until Michael Jordan came along. But again, it was a Saturday where I had nothing to do, I was looking after my brother’s client and the movie alone was on Amazon Prime so of course I was going to watch the movie. And on the bright side we had a good list of actors and actresses, and Ben Affleck was directing the film, moreover he directed some great films so it can't be worse than the Dungeons and Dragons movie.
                                    Sonny Vaccaro (Matt Damon) and Nike pursue Basketball rookie Michael Jordan, creating a partnership that revolutionizes the world of sports and contemporary culture. 
                                    For a movie alone telling the story of a small shoe company in the early eighties, furthermore, telling the true story of how they we're able to acquire Basketball God Michael Jordan to sign at Nike. Honestly wasn't that bad, aside from that I already know they whole story after watching The Last Dance for which the give us a really good story about Jordan signing with Nike, but still is a good once over type movie upon which I don't feel the need to re-watch it again. To me what really save me the time in watching the movie all the way through is that the film has a great list of actors from Matt Damon to a surprising performance from Chris Tucker, and I'm not going to say a whole lot much to Ben Affleck because well it's Ben Affleck, it's not like he's trying to make a great performance like Argo for example. Though if I had to pick in actor or actress who really stole the whole show in the movie it would most certainly be Viola Davis for obvious reasons she really did a fantastic job in portraying all the categories that Mrs. Jordan aka Michael Jordan's mom had throughout her whole life, as well as helping her son all the way through and truly from the bottom of my heart, stating that Viola Davis was the true scene stealer throughout the whole movie. My big question I have with the movie was did the producers including Affleck binged on the Last Dance and wanted to make a movie after they saw the whole story about Nike? Because deep down that has to be the most honest answer I can really come up with, furthermore it makes the most scenes mainly the producers were literally in-doors when Covid happened moreover we're not ready scripts as they were supposed to do so they decided to watch the Last Dance just like Affleck was probably doing because he had nothing to do a side from filming the Last Duel as well as boning JLO on the side. So, once the Last Dance finished up airing, they were just aspired by the whole Nike story they decided to get a script written and have Affleck to direct it because the man will do anything for money even if it means staring in Dunkin commercials with a very young female rapper who we can all know that he's defiantly checking her out between takes, and HE DEFINATLY IS. And yet the saddest thing is that I can probably guess that the producers were all just not thinking logically in knowing that everyone who've seen the Last Dance would know the whole story about Nike. Either way when it comes to the film by itself, it's defiantly a good once over movie that I can honestly say I enjoyed it but really don't feel the need to re-watch it again unless someone forces me to watch it, especially when the film itself feel like an episode strait off Drunk History. So, all jokes a side if you've never seen the Last Dane or want to know more about the billion-dollar company that is Nike than I would highly recommend watching it on Amazon Prime, moreover, can say that it's not Affleck's best work but was a better improvement than Affleck's other movie Live by Knight were he bones Zoe Saldona if you know what I mean.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment