Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves


 











                                    

                                Well, here it is ladies and gentlemen, the Dungeons and Dragons movie that thirty minutes into I had to stop the film and wait for the weekend to watch, and luckily, I had to watch my brother’s client for which I took the whole Saturday to watch three films, starting with Dungeons & Dragons: Honor among Thieves. Furthermore, the final verdict I have with the movie is really one of the most pathetic films I've seen this year. Staring Chris Pine who again proves that hell half ass anything for a paycheck and Michelle Rodriguez as the only nerd/cougar that I would ever want to hook up in my lifetime.
                                A charming thief and a band of unlikely adventurers embark on a quest to retrieve a long-lost relic, but their charming adventure goes dangerously awry when they run afoul of the wrong people.
                                Now I'll admit, I've never played Dungeons & Dragons nor felt the need to play the game for many good reasons. I’ve got so many things to do and don't have a lot of time in the world to sit down and play. So, why I say that this was the most pathetic movie I've seen this year? Well for obvious reasons the filmmakers and writers, created a story but yet written it like they've never seen a movie before moreover forget the simplest steps of making some unexpected story ideas that the audience would never expect seeing but more importantly just create a story for everyone who've never played the game, into a movie that everyone can jump into and have a great time, and really that's kind of the impression I had when it appear on Amazon Prime, also seeing the reviews being positive and I'm the guy who just wants to sit back and wait till it goes on streaming service because I can't go to movies all the time in the movie theaters because it being expensive. And so while watching the movie, yes while watching the movie I just felt that the movie was slowly taking the turn of boredom and the characters not being that interesting at all, I mean they just felt like characters I've seen in every other movie like Chris Pine was playing that typical thief like Dad whose of course when he loses is wife becomes a terrible father and of course it takes Michelle Rodriguez to help in out because of course you need a woman to straighten him out. But again it story elements like this, is the reason why I felt this movie was just dull and unimpressed like why couldn't you have a father training his daughter to be a thief so they can go on quests together and then they have a falling out and years later he realizes how terrible of a father he was and go and save her, hell this is a fantasy adventure movie it's ideas like this that can make your Dungeons and Dragons movie look interesting to watch moreover be intriguing to see. And even watching the movie all the way through I can predict what was going to happen for which again makes the movie alone boring to see because I want to be proved wrong in how this movie in my own mind is going to go, like I really want the filmmakers to come out to my face and say your wrong this is how it's going to turn out, but no they just turned this movie in the most dullest films of 2023. Now I've said this before yes I've never played the game but I know story and structure enough to say that this was one of the most laziest films I've seen in quite a long time and would highly recommend not to watch this movie especially when the movie is two hours and fifteen minutes long like that is just way too long to sit through a boring movie with flat characters overly predictable story that even I can be like Johnny Carson's fortune teller character and predict what is going to happen in the movie from start to finish.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment