Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Five Nights at Freddy's

 












                                         



                                          The final scary movie to watch in the month of October and what a great way to review a movie I recently watched with the kiddo's at the movie theaters, and I'm not going to lie when I say this, but this movie I've seen with the kiddos, was a billion times better than the Meg 2, though that's not saying a whole lot about Meg 2 because anything I've seen in 2023 was better than Meg 2. Five Night's at Freddy's is based on a video game titled, Five Night's at Freddy's for which was a big surprised because I had no idea that it was before I was tasked by my brother to take the kid's to see this movie and from the words of my little niece whose a big fan of scary movies tells me that one of her friends plays the game at school, which to me is funny because I guess now you can get away with anything at school. Either way she tells me that her friend plays the game and wants to see the film so she can brag to her friend that she's seen it.
                                          A troubled security guard (Josh Hutcherson) begins working at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the late shift at Freddy's won't be easy to make it through. 
                                          The game alone how I can describe it in a nutshell, it's basically a horror game (not like the Last of Us) where you basically sit in a security room making sure nothing happens to you with very little power, getting more to the point don't let the costume creatures get you. And I've done my homework and it's terrifying for there's no way in hell I'm wanting to play this game because I'm thirty-six and I got to worry about my health. Had I'd not known that the movie itself was co-written by the developer of the game Scott Cawthon, I'd probably be intrigued to see the movie because having the creator help write the screenplay brings a much special thing when adapting a video game like this, hell it would have been better if co-creator Ed Boon wrote the screenplay to 2021's Mortal Kombat. I do feel it's a little unfair that the film is receiving negative reviews because the film alone is not bad in fact I looked at the film as a surprising hidden gem that I never thought would be this good, I mean sure the acting alone is a bit ridiculous mainly coming from the evil aunt furthermore the scumbags being hired to trash the place which seems a bit over doing it especially when it comes to creating a creepy horror movie, for many reasons why would you go in a place like this. And sure the acting on that side is chewing the scenery but at the core of the movie it's also a sweet brother and sister story with the big brother with a troubled backstory trying in the best of his abilities to take care of his sister and I personally relate to that because I too worry about my own nieces and nephews at times moreover I got my own personal worries along the way, so really the story alone is relatable, and the way Josh Hutcherson was able to portray the character is without a doubt the best acting I've seen him do. But more importantly the film itself has a great mystery story to it as well along with a perfect twist to the reveal of the end. So, deep down I look at the film as a good movie that Alfred Hitchcock would have directed if he had the resources and this movie alone needs to be an important example of you want to create a suspenseful/creepy film, this was a great example. I was surprised by this movie's story and looked at it as one of the best hidden treasures I've seen in 2023, and with Halloween season ending I would highly recommend watching this, and you will most certainly not be disappointed.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment