Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Movies I haven't seen in a While: Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

 












                                   This ladies and gentlemen is a movie I haven't seen in ages but yet deserves a Movie I haven't seen in a while review. Wild Hearts can't be broken is a movie my sister loved so much, and of course what ever my sister loved to watch I had to sit down and watch as well, mainly because she had the remote control, and now being thirty six years old my brother who's a guardian to two little girls to his ex, told me about this movie he's planning to watch and all I had to see was one image cover and my lights lit up of shock and remembering watching a girl diving with a horse, which before when I watch the movie I was like why would they do that? But it's a depression era movie so that makes sense. I will say, this is one of those movies that has it's entertaining moments along with a nostalgic Disney logo, though through the course of the movie felt a little bored but deep down thought it was fun to see, from beginning to end.
                                   Thrilled by a performance she sees in at a fair, Sonara (Gabrielle Anwar) tries to land a spot as a daredevil who rides horses off a high dives. With the help of Al Carver (Michael Schoeffling), whose father runs the show, Sonara towards her goal. An injury to star rider Marie (Kathleen York) paves her way, and Sonara finds herself on the diving platform. Her life looks complete now that she and Al are in love, but Sonara is about to be trust into a very trying chapter in her life.
                                   Reliving this movie, it does bring back a lot of memories in terms of scenes and story lines that I remember while watching the movie. And to be honest when I had planned to watch the movie I keep questioning myself on why the hell would they horses dive or why this would be a thing? Like these were questions that seemed confusing before I watched this, then I realized that the film was set in the Great Depression Era and that made a tone of sense, because lets face it in a crummy part in American history for many reasons people during that era, people where craving for entertainment especially at a cheap value and especially when it comes the fair. Though once the movie starts I did have a nostalgic vibe when the classic Disney opening comes up to play and being that kid who watched classic Disney cartoons that was no doubt the most awesome thing of that whole movie, hell that was the only thing that made this movie exciting though in fairness the movie alone was still decent to watch. Now having seen the movie, I just have so many different emotions about the movie, a lot of it goes with the direction of the movie especially when the Cliff Robertson who plays the father/owner of the road show is being hard on Sonara because he is simply saying nobody gives it to you, you have to take it, and yet his son is criticizing him for being to hard on her which I'm like "do you listen to yourself"? And really the actor who plays the character of Al whose no doubt the worst part at times because he's kind of like Adrian from Rocky 4 where through the course of the movie he's like "YOU CAN'T WIN", just the most overrated type of character that we've seen multiple times in past eighties and nineties movies. Moreover there where moments in the movie we're I myself felt like I was being tortured by Mr. God in South Park and I was just like "Oh God, I'm so bored somebody help me" and this was a ninety minute movie, so there where multiple times I had to pause the movie and take a break. There where moments, especially in the last parts of the movie where why couldn't hire a expert to help the Sonara out with her condition she was in during the last act of the movie but again this was one of these movies where I wanted to fix the movie but in reality it's already been made. Now I"m not going to lie when I say that this movie is still good to watch, I mean it's a feel good film or coming of age movie so there are moments where it's kind of interesting to watch for the first time. As a movie whole this was defiantly a decently made movie from start to finish, despite the fact that I still had mix emotions about the movie I would defiantly recommend watching this movie especially with he kids. So, If your feeling nostalgic when it comes to classic Disney films, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is defiantly one of those films to watch.               
                                    
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment