Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Don't Worry Darling

 













                                Well believe it ladies and gentlemen the impossible has happened, I finally watched Don't Worry Darling. That is right a movie that was so famous and probably the most controversial movie? I mean the film itself started off with some drama or social debate on whether Harry Styles spited on Chris Pine, which if you are going to be that big of an a**hole at least go out and spit on his face, do not just spit on his crotch. The other thing that makes this film famous for was that Ted Lasso aka Jason Sudeikis filed divorce papers to her wife Olivia Wilde (the director of the film) while she was at the premiere doing the presentation. Here's the other bizarre thing, both Olivia Wilde and Harry Styles dated around January of 2021 and this was during their meeting in the process of filming, but then she dumped his ass in November of 2022 and that was after Don't Worry Darling was released, now I don't know what really happened but the way I believed happen was because there was a few sex scenes in the movie where Harry and star Florence Pugh, and in her bizarre twisted fetish dumped him over being jealous. For which I really believe there is a lesson when it comes to up-and-coming filmmakers is, do not be in relationships with actors and actresses because they have massive ego's moreover Len Wiseman film his wife (Kate Beckinsale) having sex with her co-star in Underworld: Evolution, then years later they separated. Alright enough talk let us get right into why I am glad to of watched Don't Worry Darling.
                                In the 1950's, Alice and Jack (Florence Pugh and Harry Styles) live in an idealized community of Victory, an experimental company town that houses the men who work on a top-secret project. While the husbands toil away, the wives get to enjoy the beauty, luxury and debauchery of their seemingly perfect paradise. However, when cracks of something sinister lurking below the surface, Alice cannot help but question exactly what she is doing in Victory. 
                                I must admit, I am glad I watched though I had this movie pegged to be a film about a Cult living somewhere in the desert via watching the trailers. But the main reason why I am so glad in watching this film was because I realized how much I hated this f**king movie. Now granted I could have avoided all of this by not watching the movie, though in all honesty it was really in a sense of curiosity like sure I knew what this movie was supposed to be, but I did not realize how much obnoxious it was turning out to be moreover the boredom that was growing inside me. If this movie were just simply a cult settling somewhere in Death Valley in this year and the cult was a 1950-60's style of society this movie would be kind of fun, maybe? But this was just a disaster from once we hit the thirty-minute mark to forward on. And it really was not simply that this was a cult but the fact that they combined a movie that is a cult combined with a computer simulation, that is where it gets repetitive. Especially that this is directed by Olivia Wilde who in her twisted mind wanted to make a movie that consist the setting of the fifties and sixties era where the men go to work and women stay home and cook is just more of convenient and more annoying moreover let's be honest if I want to live in a perfect computer simulation world I don't want to live in a perfect, peaceful sixties era with a wife and having to go to work. For many reasons I would be so bored out of my mind, hell I want live in a chaotic world where I am a private investigator in the forties style New York environment like Bogart. As an actress Olivia Wilde's character actually knows that this was a simulation and yet she throws her best friend under the bus then finally helps her in the end, if it where me I would off say “b***h when I get out I'm going to pull you out and destroy your equipment so you can't see your kids" but know we have this conversation where Pugh tells her, her kids weren't really and Wilde says there real to me in here, which is overrated. I got to admit I really wanted to feel bad for Florence Pugh and Harry Styles because Pugh she has done some great work, I thought she was amazing in Outlaw King, Styles who was in Dunkirk for which was a good choice for a young actor wanting to branch out. And really I wanted to feel bad for these two actors and actresses, but in all honesty there's this thing called reading and I refuse to believe that these two didn't read the script at all to say that this was a great read and role, and if that's not the case and if they did read the script, the other thing is ego, the ego in thinking that this would be the best movie ever and the same goes to Wilde in reworking the story as well. And I really clocked the film when I say that once we hit the thirty-minute mark and then Pugh's character begins to see things that are not right or something disturbing I just felt bored and annoyed moreover felt that the film was getting too repetitive especially when Pugh's character is getting into all freak mode in every scene, she is going ballistic. Styles it felt like is accent was changing from American accent to back to his normal British accent, and even when you get to see that he was not an all-good locking guy near the third act of the movie and see that he is a scum bag, you felt like uh cannot this movie not be so convenient. Even Chris Pine was phoning his performance in, moreover you can obviously say that he needs the money or did not read the script, but I truly believed that once filming started, he was like oh crap this movie sucked, and I cannot bail out, so I am going to just half a** it all the way through. Now I do not know the whole story between Shia LaBeouf and Olivia Wilde moreover it is not my place to believe whose right in this scenario, but I truly believe he dodged a bullet though I do not think he knows it, or it was an act in order to get out of the movie, hell who knows but I have to say the man did a wise choice in bailing out. Again, I am glad to of sat down and watched this movie and realizing how much I hated it, for its failure to keep the cult and computer simulation a secret but also that this was written to be a feminist film where the women are slaves is just so annoying to me. If I had to rank this movie in the top five worst films it would certainly be, behind Sucker Punch and Southland Tales, and if you are wondering if those two movies are bad? Just take my word when I say oh yeah, those are extremely bad.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment