Monday, February 27, 2023

Valentine

 













                                  
                                    I cannot really tell you all what was going through my head, in terms of wanting to watch this average look of a movie. Though I can honestly tell you that in fairness it is the last few weeks of February furthermore I remember watching bits and pieces of this movie so, deep down if I don't watch this movie, it will most certainly be reminding me throughout the year of 2023. So, I guess it is time I would talk about one more Valentine’s Day movie? Valentine is one of those movies as a kid growing up, I would remember watching on Cable previews like Dish on Demand previews, and then seeing on Cable network and thought eh, do not feel like re-watching again. Unfortunately, Tubi is the criminal mastermind behind me rediscovering this B-movie flick. I will say for a mediocre movie I this I must say it packs some recognizable cast from the detective of Bones to Denise Richards aka Christmas Jones and Katherine Heigl aka Katherine Heigl.
                                    Love is in the air. On the most romantic day of the year, would-be-lovers woo hearts with flowers, candy, cards, and gifts. Best friends Kate (Marley Shelton), Paige (Denise Richards), Dorothy (Jessica Capshaw, aka Kate Capshaw's daughter), Lily (Jessica Cauffiel) and Shelly (Katherine Heigl) are young women looking for a relationship--- a Valentine to die for. And this year they might just get their wish.
                                    Like I know what you did Last Summer, this movie has full-fledged capacity of being a great movie, unfortunately this movie just falls flat on its face or shots it is foot off with a shotgun and it's really sad considering that this movie was based on a book. But, what's really sad is that this is a movie about a awkward nerdy kid taking revenge on five mostly four girls who bullied him in high school, and this is considered a slasher but why in God's name would I want to care for the women especially when they bullied a weaker boy? Now, if this where me directing and writing the movie I would most handily make this a male version of a Promising Young Woman but without the rape, then have the woman who did not bully the killer become a detective solving these murders and goes on the trail of a madman. See, this is like writing 101 where you can take such a simple concept and with the right actors and actress that are not Denise Richards or Katherine Heigl, you would have an exceptionally great film. But no, this movie focuses on women who have absolutely no chance at having a relationship because they refuse to look at themselves in the mirror, and we continue the process in focusing on how scum and not pretty men are and we must follow that it is just so lame on so many reasons. Now let's be honest Heigl had a smaller role in the movie so her getting killed off is hands down the most awesome thing I've ever seen, and not even Denise Richards body helped this film a ton mainly because her character was clearly the b***h of the movie and to be honest her entire career was a lie after Wild Things, the other interesting thing I found out was Kate Capshaw's kid Jessica Capshaw is in this movie who may also be the father of Steven Spielberg, furthermore I felt like she pulled her inner acting out from her mother when she was in Temple of Doom, though again I refused to feel for these ladies moreover they didn't get much punishment then they deserved in the movie. If I had to give the movie some compliment it would most certainly be some of the kills in fact I give the kills in the move a C for effort, for which is a passing grade at least, one of which happens to be where the killer uses a bow and arrow to knock off the girls which I was impressed moreover thought that was great, then we had kills where Denise Richards gets trapped in the Hot Tub and the killer drills some holes but then gives up and just throws the drill in the tub, which makes no sense to me. Again, this movie has potential of being a great movie though it is just like the sports bloopers where it is funny but gets sad from start to finish. I will say if I had to pick a movie, I would want to remake this would defiantly be one of those films, as a movie recommendation? I would say if you had Tubi go nuts, but I would say you would regret it.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment