Monday, November 7, 2022

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind

 















                                 As I've said a million times, yes, I'm a huge fan of the Mortal Kombat video game franchise and its films and of course with a latest ninety-minute animated movie already out on streaming and Blu-Ray I had to check it out. Moreover, with the way live action movies aren't respecting sources and doubly believing I'll ever witness a great Mortal Kombat film in my lifetime. Also, with these animated films I figured there at least a fun thing to watch where I don't expect a whole lot, furthermore, not looking for perfection but also have a good time watching this as well. Though when the trailer first popped up on the web, I was a bit on the unsure side of what the direction was going, in terms of seeing a blend of both Kung Fu style of storytelling with a mix of Mad Max. For which I have no argument, so I guess will just have to find out.
                                 Set in a Mad Max environment for which I'm thinking is still in Asia. The vicious, Kano is determined to take over Earthrealm, one soul at a time. Kenshi who was once an overconfident warrior now blinded by pride, is helped by Kuai Liang aka Sub-Zero into becoming a better warrior. Kuai Liang who has also lost his ways decided to help his new protégé into ridding Kano once and for all even if it means breaking an oath.
                                  I will admit I'm always intrigued in creating new storylines because like Star Wars, Mortal Kombat has a vast links of stories where you can come up with and still make it interesting another great example is of Batman, in somehow Mortal Kombat has always contracted some good writers into developing more and unique storylines to play with, in the world of Mortal Kombat and Warner Bros. Animation has done a great job at that. I do like that we have a new Earthrealm hero in the mix of a new storyline moreover love the bond between the teacher and student that is both Sub-Zero and Kenshi, speaking of Kenshi I was well aware of the blind swordsman ever since his debut in in the PlayStation 2/X-Box era and to be honest I've never thought his popularity would ever be as big as it is now and granted I've always played him in Mortal Kombat just because he had a sword and whenever you're getting beat you can always use the sword to hack and slash, so now that he becomes the sole hero to this latest movie I think it's awesome even when you’re creating a new storyline. In all honesty everything in this movie works although the problem I have with the movie, is that yes by the end of the second movie it felt that all the evil was defeated, so in all fairness what happened to everyone after that? I mean we have a glimpse of what happened to Sub-Zero before it becomes a Mad Max world, but I don't know what happens to Liu Kang, Kitana, Sonya Blade, Johnny Cage and Jax, for which are the most important characters and Snow Blind is supposed to be the third installment, so I think it's fair we at least get to know what happened to those characters at least. Deep down the movie itself is fun to watch especially ninety minutes of showtime, though it's not as great as the first two. But as a movie all by itself and not a sequel to the first two MK Legends movies I'd still recommend watching this movie even if you’re not a Mortal Kombat fan. And really, I would even have my own nephew watching this and I'd believe he would have a great time watching these films from start to finish.
   
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment